FORUMS: list search recent posts

Apple talk? or network to WinXP

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ed Stevens
Apple talk? or network to WinXP
on May 8, 2005 at 1:22:24 am

I am new to an apple. I have a G5 for FCP editing. I want to network to all
my windows computers but have had no luck. Apple seems to want its own IP address.
Any help would be appreciated.
ED

Return to posts index

Curtis Thompson
Re: Apple talk? or network to WinXP
on May 8, 2005 at 1:28:59 am

hello...

i guess i'd need more info on your network to answer this one - if you have a network set up, then all the boxes will need some sort of ip address - if you have a dhcp server, then the os x box can be told to look for that server and request an ip...

what type of network do you have now that you are trying to plug the os x box into?

sitruc

Return to posts index

bogiesan
Re: Apple talk? or network to WinXP
on May 9, 2005 at 4:57:24 pm

Highly recommend you immediately purchase one or more of the major Mac OS bibles. If you manage the network, you're able to fix this easily. If you must put in a change request to your IT nerds, you won't get tiem to listen to you without some way of proving you know what you're talking about.

There are issues resolving names in Samba and you will have horrible troubles attempting to send files to a winderz server since your Macintosh uses AFP and Microsoft turned all that support off.

Our Tiger boxes dropped right into our network and Tiger has resolved many issues. But we have recently started using a specialized application on a couple of the winderz servers called ExtremeZIP (or something like that). It allows Apple File Protocol to be used on disk space carved out of the server. This has made moving our Macintosh files around the network completely seamless. Just like it's supposed to be.

Sorry, might not be on topic.

bogiesan

This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: "For crying out loud, read the freakin' manual."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]