FORUMS: list search recent posts

Serious Magic's DVRack vs. Virtual PC

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chris rust
Serious Magic's DVRack vs. Virtual PC
on May 5, 2005 at 12:22:17 pm

Aloha,
I realize this is probably not the right forum to go to, but I'm lost and can't find my way to the right one. I was all jazzed about Serious Magic's DVRack for field production, then I found out that it was only gonna work on Windows based systems. Has anyone tried DVRack with Virtual PC? Any suggestions or advice? I would really like to use DVRack in the field, but I refuse to buy another laptop just for that. I have a GREAT PB G4 and I love it. Besides, I'm used to Mac and like the programs that I use (I confess that I DO use a two-button mouse--but that's the ONLY Microsoft product I use willingly). I don't plan to be going to a lot of Windows programs, but this one apparently is not even being considered for Mac. Any replies are very welcome! Mahalo!

Return to posts index

Keith Hill
Re: Serious Magic's DVRack vs. Virtual PC
on May 5, 2005 at 2:14:26 pm

I don't know, man. Yu may be stuck. I like DV Rack and would like to use it with my DVX100A, and it may come to that. I don't know. I also don't know of anyone who may have tried to use it with Vitual PC.

It pays to read the Spec's on these things before buying. If you do happen to find out that DVRack works with VirtualPc. I'd be interested in that knowledge.

Keith Hill
http://www.LightedPath.biz
Dallas, TX
FCP HD (v4.5), Combustion 3 (v3.0.4), DVD StudioPro3 (v 3.0.2) all on a MAC G5 (v10.4-Tiger) 2Ghz PowerPC 1.5 RAM

Return to posts index

Kerry
Re: Serious Magic's DVRack vs. Virtual PC
on May 19, 2005 at 4:11:35 am

DV Rack will not work with Virtual PC 6 or 7. One reason is in Virtual PC you cannot access the Firewire port.

KB

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]