FORUMS: list search recent posts

Software Update not working in OSX4

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Lawrence
Software Update not working in OSX4
on May 1, 2005 at 12:11:26 am

When software update searches for new software it tells me none is available, when, in fact, I KNOW there is an iPod update that I had yet to download. This concerns me because it seems to indicate that the automatic software update is not working. Anyone else having problems with Software Update? Any clues on how to fix this?

"Follow your bliss!" -- Joseph Campbell

Return to posts index

Mark Sloan
Re: Software Update not working in OSX4
on May 1, 2005 at 1:07:31 am

have you looked to see if the latest update isn't in your Applications->Utilities folder?

Return to posts index

Jim Lawrence
on May 1, 2005 at 8:46:25 am

There's nothing in utilties that says "software update." What should I be looking for? Also, if it's not there, why isn't it? This is brand new software loaded from the DVD, for Pete's sake.

Return to posts index

Mark Sloan
on May 1, 2005 at 6:23:24 pm

There would be a folder called iPod Software Updater. As for why it wouldn't be there? Jeez, why do you need to give them ANOTHER $30 to unlock QT Pro when you've paid $129 for Tiger?

You can always download the latest from the Apple site as well: http://www.apple.com/ipod/download/

Return to posts index

Mitch Ives
on May 2, 2005 at 4:01:01 pm

You've got a good point. Apple would have been better served by putting Pro in all versions of Tiger since H264 playback is severely stunted in the standard version. You can't hype it as an alternative to WM9 when you need Pro to get the benefits of it.

Whatever few bucks they make isn't worth the criticism (remember it's free in FCP5).

Mitch Ives
Insight Productions Corp.
mitch@insightproductions.com
http://www.insightproductions.com

Return to posts index

Matt Larson
on May 3, 2005 at 7:43:52 pm

I had a simiar problem in Panther when I had to do an "Archive and Install" to get my machine running again. Do you have a "Previous System" folder on your computer? If so, that may be the culprit. Try deleting that (or at least moving it to another drive) and see if that helps. Worked for me.

Return to posts index

David
on May 4, 2005 at 6:27:27 am

you can fix that with Software Update.log file

Return to posts index

Jim Lawrence
on May 4, 2005 at 8:09:26 am

I don't know what or where Software update.log is

Return to posts index

David
on May 4, 2005 at 4:46:41 pm

very simple: search for "software update.log"....

HD > library > logs.
open this file with textedit. delete old updates installed prior to the upgrade, save the file.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]