FORUMS: list search recent posts

files from G5

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
vanessa
files from G5
on Apr 27, 2005 at 2:03:08 pm

I am having the same trouble as an earlier post ('login window starting' freezing up), it won't do anything but start from the CD. I don't want to reinstall because I don't want to loose my work. Is there anything I can do to get my work files off of the bugged G5??? please help....

thanks

Return to posts index

michele princigalli
Re: files from G5
on Apr 28, 2005 at 6:22:09 am

I think the best thing would be to avoid stress and bring the computer to a good technician or contact Apple. Looking around for tips can be very time consuming, and most people know very little.

Return to posts index

Vanessa
on Apr 28, 2005 at 12:41:18 pm

i work for a high school... bringing it in somewhere isn't as easy as it seems. I would have to find a board certified technicain, and of course one who knows macs. being that my computer is down, i have plenty of time. any other suggestions???

Return to posts index

PaulD
on Apr 29, 2005 at 2:00:21 pm

Hi
Is the drive visible in About This Mac>More Info>ATA when you are booted from the CD?
If not switch the Mac off, and check the cables to the drive to make sure something silly hasn't happened internally. If it is visible in About This Mac then you need to be booted off a DiskWarrior recovery CD, to try to rebuild the directory of the non-mounting drive.

If the failed drive can't be seen then maybe trying it inside another Mac will get it to come to life.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]