FORUMS: list search recent posts

Family Pack

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Lockwood
Family Pack
on Apr 18, 2005 at 1:19:00 pm

I have 3 macs, do I have to buy the family pack. I am the only user.

1-G5 dual 2 gig 10.3.2
1-Atto ul3d 2.5 1.6.6
2.0 ram
Kona HD
AJA IO 1.2 20-21
Huge Media Vault 900
Huge Media Vault 2.5
Sony NTSC Monitors
Berringer 2442 FX Audio board
Sony UVW 1800 Beta sp
Sony A500 Digi Beta
Sony HDW500 HD VTR
http://www.brianloc

Return to posts index

Jeff Carpenter
Re: Family Pack
on Apr 19, 2005 at 5:55:29 am

That's the way the rules are written. Look at it this way, I have to spend $130 to upgrade my Mac, but you only have to spend $66 per Mac. I'd call that a good deal.

If you want an ACTUAL deal (instead of just playing with words) then go to Amazon.com and order it there. You have to pay full-price now, but you can download a form to print out. Once you get your Family Pack you can send the form in to get $50 back. That's one of the best prices I've seen for a family pack, even if you do have to pay everything up front.

Return to posts index

David Robinson
on Apr 21, 2005 at 4:08:23 pm

Are these Macs used in a business? Believe it or not, a disclaimer at the bottom of the family pack page reads like this - "This license does not extend to students who reside at a separate on-campus location or to business or commercial users." I was going to get the family pack also, but now I'm not sure.

Return to posts index

MitchJi
on Apr 24, 2005 at 6:37:40 am

[David Robinson] "Are these Macs used in a business? Believe it or not, a disclaimer at the bottom of the family pack page reads like this - "This license does not extend to students who reside at a separate on-campus location or to business or commercial users." I was going to get the family pack also, but now I'm not sure."

Hi,

If you buy three copies (I assume you can get multiple rebates) of Tiger at Amazon the total cost will be $285 free shipping and no sales tax. That is an extra $35 over the family pack after the $50 rebate which is not a big deal.

LA Computer Company offers dealmac readers Apple's Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger for $91 plus $8.06 shipping. Excluding rebates, that's the lowest total price we've seen by $4. (Amazon.com still offers it for $94.99 shipped after a $35 mail-in rebate.) Offer ends April 28.
http://dealmac.com/articles/Mac+OS+X+10.4+Tiger+for+91/84798.html

Best Wishes,

Mitch

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]