FORUMS: list search recent posts

Limited Success!

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Simpson
Limited Success!
on Apr 18, 2005 at 3:34:19 am

Okay.......so I was able to successfully instal 10.3 to an empty firewire partition and it launched from there. Over on my main internal HD, it appears that everything of importance is still there.

So my next step is to back it all up somewhere, and reformat the drive and then install panther there.

Once I've done that, what do I copy/replace from the backed up stuff so that all my bookmarks, mail, network, etc all works? How about OS9, what all do I copy over so that classic still works?

Thanks,
Mark Simpson

PS, Apple should remove that 'upgrade' option from the list of choices, and not recommend it anymore. What a fiasco! Obviously, you can't install a new version of OSX on top of an old one. You'd think they'd know this!

Return to posts index

Mark Simpson
10.2 vs 10.3 Preferences?
on Apr 18, 2005 at 1:29:48 pm

So I've wiped my main HD clean and reinstalled 10.3 on it.. So far so good.

I'm busy copying all my apps and what not over.. I've come to system preferences.

I'm assuming this is where all my network settings are. Can I replace the newly created 10.3 system preferences with my old 10.2.8 system preferences so that all my network/internet settings will work?

Thanks,
Mark Simpson

Return to posts index

Mark Simpson
Serial Numbers?
on Apr 18, 2005 at 2:22:31 pm

Where do I find all my ols Serial Numbers (for various apps)?

If at all possible, I'd really prefer not to have to dig out all the boxes, etc. and reenter a kazillion SNs again.

Thanks much,
Mark Simpson

Return to posts index

David
Re: Serial Numbers?
on Apr 18, 2005 at 5:48:16 pm

launch your software; then go to "About....[PS, AE etc]"

Return to posts index

MitchJi
Re: Limited Success!
on Apr 24, 2005 at 6:55:06 am

[Mark Simpson] "So my next step is to back it all up somewhere, and reformat the drive and then install panther there."

Hi,

I would get everything working on the FW partition and clone it back using CCC, SuperDuper or the restore tab in Disk Utility.

Best Wishes,

Mitch

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]