FORUMS: list search recent posts

Panther>Clean Install! How Do I archive Safari & Keychain Settings?

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sebastian
Panther>Clean Install! How Do I archive Safari & Keychain Settings?
on Apr 9, 2005 at 8:57:40 pm

I need to do a Clean Install {Erase Hard Drive & ReInstalll} I want to keep my current Safari Bookmarks & AutoFill. I also want tokeep my current KeyChain settings also. Before I Clean Install how do I archive theses items so I can use thme once Installation is complete? Once I install how do i access my archived Safari & Key Chain items?

Thanks in advance for your reply to my Post,

Sebastian

Return to posts index

Jeff Carpenter
Re: Panther>Clean Install! How Do I archive Safari & Keychain Settings?
on Apr 10, 2005 at 6:06:33 am

System Drive >> Users >> "Your log-on Name" >> Library

In there you'll find:

Keychains
Safari
Printers
Mail
Calendars
Application Support (included Address book info)

There might be some other things you care about in there too. Anyway, that's where you want to look. Just save what you want someplace else like a CD. Might as well burn the entire library, just to be safe. Once you've re-installed, simply drag back what you want to restore to the new Library folder.

Be aware that there is ANOTHER "Library" folder right on the system drive. That's NOT the one I'm talking about. The one I mean is in your user folder so it's specific to YOU. In this other library there is ALSO a folder in there called "Keychains." Now, I can't really tell you what the difference is between the 2 different keychains folders. You should probably back up BOTH libraries with each being clearly labeled as to which library it is. Copy as much of it as you think you need to the new computer.

Maybe someone else can explain the differences better than I can, but backing them up and dragging them to the new drive is pretty much what you want to do.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]