FORUMS: list search recent posts

HOT Powerwook when running FCP. What to do? More importantly, what can IT to my computer?

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
DubStyleeCA
HOT Powerwook when running FCP. What to do? More importantly, what can IT to my computer?
on Apr 8, 2005 at 1:41:34 am

It's not an isntant or constant thing, but very often the bottom of my powerbook gets hot while editing on FCP. I'm not talking warm or running a lil toward warm, I'm talking about HOT, really HOT.

What can I do to help make this not happen, also what can it do to my powerbook in the long run? Can it harm it in anyway?

Return to posts index

Mark Sloan
Re: HOT Powerwook when running FCP. What to do? More importantly, what can IT to my computer?
on Apr 8, 2005 at 5:04:37 am

Welcome to the Powerbook where thin means hot! There are special laptop pads that you can get to dissapate the heat from the metal case which will help. In general, the Powerbooks run within spec, but heat and components do not mix, so I'd suggest one of the pads. Of course, the heat is being sucked out of the components and into the metal casing and then the pad helps pull the heat from that as well without blocking vents or air circulation. Do a search on some sites like Clubmac, and if not there, try Google.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]