FORUMS: list search recent posts

My internal disk is gone...

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andreas_G
My internal disk is gone...
on Apr 7, 2005 at 3:43:47 pm

Hi again!

My mac is acting stange. Im working in Final Cut Pro HD and suddenly one of my internal disks is gone. How can i find it again? I was copying a aiff file to my ext disk when the Mac frozed (the "wheel" kept spinning and spinning) and I was forsed to shut down. After the shut down and a restart the disk was gone...? I cant even find information about it in the disk utility. My whole project is on that disk... My whole scool project is on that disk... my whole life is on that disk...Ugg!

Im not sure if the disk was a pitision (I dont know what its called i english) to make one disk into two disks. If this is the case is it possible that the "partision" is gone for ever and ever? I havnt got more disk space on any of my other disks so its in there somewhere...

Any suggestions?

Please...

G4 933, OSX 10.3.8, 1 GB RAM

All the best
Andreas

Return to posts index

Scott Sailor
Re: My internal disk is gone...
on Apr 7, 2005 at 8:22:31 pm

Have you tried booting from your start up DVD? If you boot from the original start up DVD there is a Disk Utility option that might be able to repair the disk and/or permissions. May or may not solve your problem but worth a try.

Return to posts index

craig moss
Re: My internal disk is gone...
on Apr 9, 2005 at 12:27:46 am

If that doesn't do it, you might try Disc Warrior and a couple of other third party drive utilities, not Nortons. Repair permissions too. Once recovered. back it up. There are places that can recover most drives as long as you don

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]