FORUMS: list search recent posts

ReelSmat Motion Blur on motion graphics

COW Forums : RE:Vision Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Umberto Uderzo
ReelSmat Motion Blur on motion graphics
on Oct 12, 2015 at 12:54:33 pm

Hello,

i'm testing ReelSmart Motion Blur in Resolve 12 host, and i'm very happy with what i'm seeing.
While i see that masks are not accessible in Resolve as like in HitFilm3, the question that puzzles me is if it's possible to apply the motion blur effect also on moving titles (like title scrollers).
When applying the filter to a scroller i see no difference.
Am i wrong in something or isn't it applicable?

Thank you! Umberto

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
Re: ReelSmat Motion Blur on motion graphics
on Oct 12, 2015 at 6:00:09 pm

Umberto.

I am not too much an expert in Resolve, but to make this simple. Try rendering out the title (with an alpha channel) and reimport and see if it now works. If so then you know it's applying to the text tool output that is the issue and I am not sure how to help with that. There are types of flat text at certain speed that won't do great with RSMB though and a simple small vertical blur works better, trying to first see if we get there.

Pierre

Return to posts index

Umberto Uderzo
on Oct 12, 2015 at 9:50:30 pm

Hello Pierre,

Yes, i rendered the title as a clip (without alpha as it's on a black background) and reimported it in the timeline. Then i applied the motion blur and it worked. I think this may be an acceptable solution for my needs. I'm really pleased with this plugin, it's not a real motion blur and obviously there are situations when artifacts come out, but it works pretty well in most occasions.
Heading to the shop now ;)

Thank you! Umberto

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
on Oct 12, 2015 at 9:53:15 pm

The reason I mentioned alpha is in case you wanted to paste the title over some background

Pierre

Return to posts index

Umberto Uderzo
on Oct 13, 2015 at 7:52:56 am

Thank you for the clarification Pierre!

Umberto

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]