FORUMS: list search recent posts

Twixtor Mac Premier CC vs FCP

COW Forums : RE:Vision Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
blake farber
Twixtor Mac Premier CC vs FCP
on Mar 2, 2015 at 1:23:26 am

I just made the switch from FCP 7 to Premiere CC. The FCP way of doing twixtor was drag and drop the plugin on the shot and change the speed, easy and done. But when I try it change the speed it puts the clip on a complete different time code mark not the same as already edited. Is there anywhere to just change the speed not changing the timecode from the edited point. I saw some tutorials on youtube that you have to make a new sequence with each clip then nest it on another. Is that true? Dont get why, or am I wrong? Is there an easy way to use to just drop onto an already edited timeline/clip?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
Re: Twixtor Mac Premier CC vs FCP
on Mar 2, 2015 at 2:39:12 am

In Speed mode, speed is relative to the first frame of the input clip (before you change the in-point).
In Premiere like in FCP, we cannot change the duration, so unless you have a really long clip and only use the begining part, you have to nest to make the sequence longer.

Pierre

Return to posts index

blake farber
on Mar 2, 2015 at 4:00:02 am

Well I usually use twixtor when the edit is already settled in place then add it when the edit is complete

Say, if on the edit I use 10 seconds edited clip on the timeline - the raw file of the clip is 5 mins un edited(for example)

4:00 - 4:10 out of 5:00

Then I add twixtor and make the speed at 70%, it jumps into a random time from the clip not the exact inpoint that I already edited together. In FCP twixtor knew my inpoint timecode/mark and just adjusted it accordingly to the length of the slow percentage.
Why does it jump into a random point to make me re-edit and find it again. Is there a simple way to do it like FCP 7 did it so simply and well.

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
on Mar 2, 2015 at 4:27:12 pm

Try to animate the Speed parameter to 100% on first visible frame and then the next frame set the speed to what you want.

Pierre

Return to posts index

blake farber
on Mar 2, 2015 at 4:38:19 pm

So the very first frame put it at 100% then move one frame over animating the 2nd frame at the desired amount and it shouldn't switch to another part of the video... let me try!

Thank you!!

Return to posts index

blake farber
on Mar 2, 2015 at 4:44:23 pm

Seems like it works that way! Weird work around, but thank you so much for this!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]