FORUMS: list search recent posts

Issues adjusting frame rate with with Twixtor on SD footage

COW Forums : RE:Vision Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeana Fucello
Issues adjusting frame rate with with Twixtor on SD footage
on Oct 8, 2014 at 2:04:39 pm
Last Edited By Jeana Fucello on Oct 8, 2014 at 2:15:53 pm

Hey there! I'm having some issues with (or trouble understanding) Twixtor when I am attempting to change an SD 29.97 interlaced clip to a 59.94 1080 interlaced clip in Avid. If I follow the tutorial video and do the math, I should be inputting a speed of 50% on Twixtor, but this just makes the footage slower and doesn't improve the look at all. Is there a different procedure I should be following for this process? I can't seem to find any information on this.

Return to posts index

Peter Litwinowicz
Re: Issues adjusting frame rate with with Twixtor on SD footage
on Oct 8, 2014 at 4:12:19 pm

Hello,

We received an email yesterday asking this same exact question. Do you perhaps work with that person we helped out yesterday?

Heres' what I answered to that person:

When working with 59.94i (newer term, designated 59.94 samples per second, interlaced), you may know that interlaced footage used to be designated 29.97i (29.97 frames per second, with interlacing). So in fact, with what you want to do (introduce an in-between field where one did not previously exist), then you do indeed need to use both TimeWarp and Twixtor at 100%. This is because we assume the old method of designating frames per second, 29.97i/29.97p = 100%

Pete Litwinowicz
RE:Vision Effects, Inc.

Return to posts index

Jeana Fucello
Re: Issues adjusting frame rate with with Twixtor on SD footage
on Oct 8, 2014 at 5:14:55 pm

Peter thank you for the reply and yes, I am definitely working with that person!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]