FORUMS: list search recent posts

DE:Noise fails to render errors

COW Forums : RE:Vision Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phil Kurus
DE:Noise fails to render errors
on Oct 5, 2014 at 9:41:33 pm

Hey All:

FCP 7, DE:Noise and DE: Noise Frame Average, latest versions. Latest CUDA driver installed. MacBook Pro mid-2012. 1 GB VRAM. OSX 10.9.5

GFX Card Status indicates that FCP is using the GPU as it starts.

New purchaser of DE: Noise.

I keep getting render failures and their error message pop-ups.

Two problems:

1. Individual clips in the timeline (1080i ProRes) will sometimes fail to render, but I can usually skip to a different frame and start over with success. HOWEVER, other, previously rendered clips will suddenly revert to RT orange unrendered status! This means that rendering each clip individually won't work.

2. A full render of the Timeline (Export, QuickTime movie) is impossible. It consistently trips up with a fail to render on one of the DE:Noise plugins, though which instance I don't know.

What am I missing here? Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Return to posts index

Peter Litwinowicz
Re: DE:Noise fails to render errors
on Oct 6, 2014 at 5:22:48 pm

Hello back,

Not sure what's up. You might be running out of memory. (FCP 7 is notorious for this).

How many frames are you trying to accumulate with DE:Noise Frame Accumulate? Also are there any other plugins before DE:Noise (this can cause issues with memory requirements).

Note that DE:Noise does not use the GPU, so there's nothing for DE:Noise to set or unset there.

Perhaps you can send us your FCP 7 project (no media needed just yet)
and I'll take a look. Make sure to tell me what sequence to look at.

send the project to us at techsupport (at) revisionfx (dot) com.
Pete

Return to posts index

Phil Kurus
Re: DE:Noise fails to render errors
on Oct 7, 2014 at 7:17:36 pm

Pete--looks like my partner received your answer via the support link. Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]