FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is my Twixtor workflow for Premiere Pro wrong? It seems MUCH better than the current one in the tutorial...

COW Forums : RE:Vision Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Johsnon
Is my Twixtor workflow for Premiere Pro wrong? It seems MUCH better than the current one in the tutorial...
on Apr 21, 2014 at 6:10:14 pm

What I do is I time remap NORMALLY in Premiere Pro, which extends the time automatically and properly if I make it slow-mo or shorter if I make it fast.

Then I simply slap on the Twixtor plugin and everything looks fine, Twixtor makes the slow-mo smooth...

This method avoids the new sequence for each clip, I think... is anything wrong with what I'm doing?

Because right now the only way to use Twixtor in Premiere Pro is you have to copy paste the video to "extend" the sequence and then put the sequence in another sequence since plugins cannot change the duration of clips, but if you have TONS of short clips to edit for slow-mo it's such a pain and hassle.

Return to posts index

Peter Litwinowicz
Re: Is my Twixtor workflow for Premiere Pro wrong? It seems MUCH better than the current one in the tutorial...
on Apr 21, 2014 at 7:58:53 pm

Unfortunately that's the only way to do it. Plug-ins are not allowed to extend sequences in After Effects and Premiere Pro. We've been asking for that feature for years, why don't you add your voice? https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Pete Litwinowicz
RE:Vision Effects, Inc.

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
Re: Is my Twixtor workflow for Premiere Pro wrong? It seems MUCH better than the current one in the tutorial...
on Apr 21, 2014 at 11:50:46 pm

Actually time remapping technique (with Twixtor 100%) as you describes works for the basic Twixtor Speed % case in Premiere. Note Speed/Duration does not work as it duplicates frames.

Pierre

Return to posts index

Jarrick Harris
on Oct 13, 2015 at 10:15:13 am

I am trying to use Twixtor Pro with the workflow you suggest. It works fine in AE CC by simply applying twixtor to the clip (without altering any of the settings in twixtor)- it just replaces all the frames that have been duplicated with twixtored frames. but I can't get it to work in Premiere Pro CC (I am time remapping, setting keyframes, adjusting time between frames, then drag and drop twixtor onto clip)

Is there something I need to do to get it to work?

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
on Oct 13, 2015 at 3:36:56 pm

Premiere does not work like AE correct

Seen our Premiere tutorials?

http://help.revisionfx.com/album/20/

Return to posts index

Jarrick Harris
on Oct 14, 2015 at 9:01:12 am

But according to the OP, it should work like it does in AE - He describes doing exactly what I want it to do but for some reason, mine isn't working.

I checked through the tutorials, which are old (working with CS4) and the only thing they said which I hadn't done was to render to preview after applying twixtor - which I tried and it didn't make any difference.

Also, it mentions in the tutorials that any advanced features of twixtor pro are used the same in both AE and Premiere.

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
on Oct 14, 2015 at 7:46:26 pm

I don't think you can't do time remapping over a nested clip with Twixtor in it in Premiere as you can do in AE (which as well maintains audio pitch...).

There is no mask support in Premiere, and other things like frame rate conversion - see our Features Page for Twixtor PRO features. On the bright side, the last version in Premiere supports 2 GPU systems for faster rendering but this is not available in AE.

Pierre

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]