Best settings for De-Flicker

COW Forums : RE:Vision Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Gors
Best settings for De-Flicker
on Apr 19, 2014 at 2:53:19 am

Hi,
Ive been trying for a while to deflicker this video:

, can be downloaded here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/59x9qu2rt5vhaex/flicker-prob.mp4 (i can upload longer sequence)
, but i couldnt find any settings witch lead to better results. Only average frame seemed to help a bit, but then i had problems with ghosting.
As it is quite hard to find any tutorial apart from 1-2 on youtube i wanted to ask, what kind of settings you use to solve the problem.
Thank you a lot
Regards

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
Re: Best settings for De-Flicker
on Apr 20, 2014 at 12:25:17 am

Thanks for the example

Here's a few ideas, and screenshot below:

1) It helps to set Global Color Reference Frame(s) - when levels change so dramatically
2) Because it changes so much from frame to frame, you probably need a wider time window
3) That said, the Timelapse plugin appears to have issues with the deep blue sky with flashing clouds... seems to reveal some compression block semi-related artifacts. That's why I did an alternative setup to compare using the HiSpeed plugin. Note I use the Refine mode - the trick is to look at frames where some object appear and disappear with Refine Visualize checked and set the Refine Threshold to as high as possible so Red still covers these objects. The threshold will sort of create a max amount of deviation from original.
4)It's also possible to combine the two techniques (and use smaller time window for each pass). As a simple example of that, using the setup I added here, if you set the time window to 0 in the Time Lapse one, you can turn on and off to see the pre-deflicker effect Global Color Correction has.

Pierre

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]