FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using a mask on a precomp that has Twixtor applied to it in After Effects? Possible?

COW Forums : RE:Vision Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Imam
Using a mask on a precomp that has Twixtor applied to it in After Effects? Possible?
on Mar 18, 2014 at 6:17:25 pm
Last Edited By Mike Imam on Mar 18, 2014 at 6:18:25 pm

HI all,

I saw a couple of posts about this in the forums but nothing specific to this situation:

I have a precomp on my After Effects CS6 timeline that I've applied Twixtor to. Precomping was necessary in order to extend the amount of time on my clip (I made my precomp is 5 times the length of my clip) and slow it down properly. When I try and apply a mask directly on this precomp however, it doesn't take (presumably because Twixtor is being used).

I've tried the posted suggestions and actually made my Twixtor-affected precomp into a second precomp, but the mask does not apply there either. Any ideas on a workaround?

So just to be clear here: Twixtor is not being applied directly to a clip; rather, it's being applied to a precomp that I'd like to mask.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
Re: Using a mask on a precomp that has Twixtor applied to it in After Effects? Possible?
on Mar 18, 2014 at 8:40:58 pm

You are correct, Twixtor currently ignores what happens before it
Mask/mattes would need to be in precomp.

Pierre

Return to posts index

Mike Imam
Re: Using a mask on a precomp that has Twixtor applied to it in After Effects? Possible?
on Mar 19, 2014 at 3:21:05 pm

Thanks - the problem is that if I mask within the precomp, Twixtor starts bleeding past the edge of my mask, even when applied to the precomp on my main timeline. Any other ideas?

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
on Mar 19, 2014 at 6:32:25 pm

Anyway you can send support a project. I am having an hard time understanding the issue with words.

You can hit the support button on top of our website
And then contact support form
It will return FTP info...

Pierre

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]