FORUMS: list search recent posts

Where is the proper REmatch reference guide?

COW Forums : RE:Vision Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Norman Frizzle
Where is the proper REmatch reference guide?
on Mar 11, 2014 at 1:24:32 pm
Last Edited By Norman Frizzle on Mar 11, 2014 at 6:14:41 pm

I can't find any HELP file associated with Rematch in AFTER EFFECTS or PREMIERE. There is a peppy, easy to follow and even inspiring video tutorial everywhere you look on the Internet...which would be great if it didn't glibly omit fussy little details, like options (none/video 1/2/3/4) that offers no context for their use, like the 'GET COLOR FROM' which appears to really mean 'GET COLOR TO'. On top of everything else, I have a big X across my After Effects screen which I can only presume implies that I haven't paid for the plug-in, which I HAVE.
WHERE IS THE INSTRUCTION GUIDE FOR REMATCH!!!?

ndfrizzle

Return to posts index

Peter Litwinowicz
Re: Where is the proper REmatch reference guide?
on Mar 11, 2014 at 3:48:51 pm

Well you get the red "X" because RE:Match is not registered (or you reinstalled RE:Match and did not restart AE). I see you ordered a while ago, did you move the plugin from one computer to another? If so, you need to rerun the installer and type in your registration information again, because copying the plugin does not properly register it.

Also, as to the manual, our installer asked you where to put it when you installed it. We even opened a window in the filesystem to show you where it was put. We also put the manual in the directory where the plug-ins were put.

I presume the tutorial you've seen is this one? http://help.revisionfx.com/album/29/

For the manual, If you are on Windows, look in
CS5: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CS5\MediaCore\REMatch
CS5.5: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CS5.6\MediaCore\REMatch
CS6: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CS6\MediaCore\REMatch
CC: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore\REMatch

If you are on Mac:
For CS5: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/CS5/MediaCore
For CS5.5: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/CS5.5/MediaCore
For CS6: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/CS6/MediaCore
For CC: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/7.0/MediaCore

Pete Litwinowicz
RE:Vision Effects, Inc.

Return to posts index

Norman Frizzle
on Mar 11, 2014 at 6:55:45 pm

A recent problem with the Adobe Production Suite entail Adobe's ripping out the entire suite and reinstalling it. I presume they attended to the Premiere plug-ins because the REmatch there appears to work (without the 'X'). The After Effects plug-in is installed, but is not validated. I can find the remover, but not the installer. I'm reluctant to uninstall if I don't have the option to Re-install. What do you advise?
I have located the guide, thanks.

ndfrizzle

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
on Mar 11, 2014 at 7:08:17 pm

What version of Premiere is it?
We install plugins in the Common Media Folder
Remove from Premiere folder and just rerun

http://www.revisionfx.com/products/rematch/downloads/#ae_compatible_4

Do not use installers from other sites,

Pierre

Return to posts index

Norman Frizzle
on Mar 11, 2014 at 8:05:05 pm
Last Edited By Norman Frizzle on Mar 11, 2014 at 8:14:54 pm

I have Adobe Creative Cloud, all apps up to date.
I have located the Rematch After Effects files for muolticam 64 and stereo. I presume my concern is with the multicam 64. It is in a common media folder, though not in a folder precisely called that: Program files/Adobe/common/pluins/7.0/MediaCore/Rematch.
I'm still a little wobbly as to what to do. (I presume installing the After Effects takes care of the Premiere as well.) So far, I have not removed anything, and clicking on the Rematch Multicam 64 just brings up a message that it could not locate the file. However, an option below directs me to an Internet location for Windows Files Association, with 4 further options. In particular is the following:
Open .AEX File (Best)
*Instantly* Fix & Open .AEX files. Free Download. 100% Guaranteed.
Open-My-Files.com/Microsoft
Am I getting any nearer?

ndfrizzle

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
on Mar 11, 2014 at 9:40:07 pm

Yes
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore
is the common folder for AE and Premiere for CC version.

http://revisionfx.com/support/faqs/purchasing_faqs/how_to_uninstall/
Delete any other instance of RE:Match folder not the Media Core folder

Exit Premiere and AE.

You might have some permission issues. So, redownload installer (which is a zip file), enter in zip file (e.g.: right-click Open With Windows Explorer). Grab the installer .exe file and put it somewhere on your disk. Right-Click on it and select "Run as Administrator".

After you have been through that, restart Premiere and it should be in the RE:Vision Plug-ins menu

Pierre

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]