FORUMS: list search recent posts

Animate canvas on top of portrait with re:vision tools?

COW Forums : RE:Vision Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christoph Heimer
Animate canvas on top of portrait with re:vision tools?
on Nov 18, 2013 at 1:05:58 am

Hi,

I'm trying to achieve a Harry Potter style medieval times portrait that is animated. We shot an actor (sadly not in front of a greenscreen but a nice red carpet).
I already managed to make everything look pretty painted-portrait like but only in a still frame. As soon as the actor starts moving it looks as if he's behind a wall of glass with dirt on it mostly because of the different canvas layers I overlayed.

I think I remember that in Harry Potter, the canvas seems to move with the characters. So if my protagonist moves his arm up or down, the texture should kinda move with it.

I figured there should be some way of doing this, maybe with the motion vectors: create plugin and then utilize that data for some sort of displacement, but right now, my brain is kinda fried and I can't wrap my thoughts around a solution..

Anyone knows these tools a bit better and can explain to me, which one I should use? :)

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
Re: Animate canvas on top of portrait with re:vision tools?
on Nov 18, 2013 at 4:30:33 pm

Christoph,

Did you look at Video Gogh?
http://www.revisionfx.com/products/video_gogh/gallery/

Pierre

Return to posts index

Christoph Heimer
on Nov 19, 2013 at 12:55:28 pm

Yes of course, but I find I create a better looking toon effect with red giant toonit. It's not about this effect though, but about the canvas that's supposed to be linked to my character's surface somehow...

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
on Nov 19, 2013 at 5:44:57 pm

It's hard to visualize exactly what you are asking without visuals
You can contact techsupport @ revisionfx dot com if you have visuals to share
You can try as a post process Video Gogh with a real tiny brush size like 0.01 Size and it will follow the background canvas.

Pierre

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]