FORUMS: list search recent posts

RSMB Pro, AE 6 11.0.3 and RAM previews

COW Forums : RE:Vision Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Warner
RSMB Pro, AE 6 11.0.3 and RAM previews
on Oct 11, 2013 at 9:13:37 am

Got a problem with RSMB Pro with the latest CS6 update on OSX (10.8.5). I can only get a few frames into RAM for previewing - it's OK when I turn the effect off. Anyone else have this problem? Just updated to the latest 4.2 of RSMB and still not working properly.

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
Re: RSMB Pro, AE 6 11.0.3 and RAM previews
on Oct 22, 2013 at 5:37:21 pm

This is not an issue only with RSMB, Adobe is supposed to have addressed this in 11.0.1 and above (the first upgrade of CS6). Perhaps in Preferences | Memory you can leave less memory to other apps. Also maybe you can do RAM previews in 8 bit project setup. Also note if you have another Adobe app opened it steals available memory for RAM preview. Alternatively from CS6, right clip in project bin, select Cache Work Area in Background, once done it will play from disk.

Pierre

Return to posts index

Mark Warner
on Oct 23, 2013 at 10:44:21 am

Hi Pierre

thanks for responding, some good tips there. I've also found it more forgiving if I apply some effects after RSMB Pro and not before (although not always an approach you'd want to take).

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
on Oct 23, 2013 at 11:02:05 pm

Another one is turn off Multi-Processing (or lower it) for RAM preview
In CC they added the option of turining off MP (multiple frames at once) to avoid that problem
When you run say 6 frames at once, it consumes 6 times more memory so there is lot less left for RAM previews.

Pierre

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
on Oct 24, 2013 at 2:39:31 am

I am missing a word here :)

Should be In CC, for RAM preview, they added the option...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]