FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best way to create a UV coordinate texture in AE?

COW Forums : RE:Vision Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Kent
Best way to create a UV coordinate texture in AE?
on May 21, 2013 at 8:51:03 pm

I'm looking to create a UV coordinate ramp in AE at high res for use in Modo. Is there a way to do this? I tried 4 color ramp, but it differs slightly from the small reference file on the re:map web page. Thanks. AK

I know if I use RE: Map Displace I can do it but prior to buying the plug-in I need to proof the concept so I could do without the red "X"

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
Re: Best way to create a UV coordinate texture in AE?
on May 21, 2013 at 8:58:44 pm

Option 1: In a 16bpc or 32bpc project apply RE:Map Displace, set Process Mode to Apply to Screen Coords and set Warp Amount to 0.0

Option 2: If you don't have RE:Map, check the values in instructions above and replicate with solid layers and Ramp Effect. On Red layer you set Green and Blue to OFF and set Transfer mode to ADD over Green Layer where you set Red and Blue to OFF...

Now from experience in other renderers, you might get slightly higher sampling subpixel precision (when the object you use this one is stretched) if you use a larger map...

Pierre

Return to posts index

Aaron Kent
on May 21, 2013 at 9:01:54 pm

Thanks Pierre. I am trying a 4096 by 4096 map at 16 bit for testing. I think that should be sufficient.

AK

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
on May 21, 2013 at 9:04:11 pm

Also use Shift Channels / not Set Channels as that is not 32bpc effect

Also what's a good size I don't know, some texture mapping algorithms work best with power of two sizes, like use the next larger power of 2 over the size you will render at is sometimes where I start... (e.g. 2048 if I am working at 1920x1080)...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]