FORUMS: list search recent posts

Twixtor Pro: Do I need to prerender FG matte layer with the twixtor applied before hand?

COW Forums : RE:Vision Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brunhilda Spade
Twixtor Pro: Do I need to prerender FG matte layer with the twixtor applied before hand?
on May 6, 2013 at 11:11:22 pm

I have perfect luminance matte layer produced by Cinema 4d for each frame in my animation. I would like to use it as a FG input in twixtor. Do I need to first apply twixtor to this matte layer, render it out and THEN use it as a FG in the main layer? In AE TimeWarp effect I seem to be needing this extra step. If I don't do it, I see no effect of using the FG on the quality of the slowdown.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
Re: Twixtor Pro: Do I need to prerender FG matte layer with the twixtor applied before hand?
on May 7, 2013 at 12:13:08 am

If you have Twixtor PRO,
You apply Twixtor to the unmatted clip and You set the matte layer and channel in FG1 control

Pierre

Return to posts index

Brunhilda Spade
Re: Twixtor Pro: Do I need to prerender FG matte layer with the twixtor applied before hand?
on May 7, 2013 at 12:17:05 am

Sorry, I wasn't clear.

1. I have twixtor pro (as the title suggest)

2. I am setting the matte layer as FG input (as the text of my post suggest).

3. Now is the question (reworded from my post): Does the matte layer needs to be already twixtored with the same speed settings as the main composition?

Thanks for answering this question.

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
on May 7, 2013 at 12:30:24 am

No the matte works in source time, it does not need to be retimed first. It's purpose is to separate Foreground and background during motion estimation. If you can't figured out, send a project with a few frames to techsupport @ revisionfx dot com...

Return to posts index

Brunhilda Spade
on May 7, 2013 at 1:45:32 am

Pierre, thanks a lot.

I looked at the examples, and figured that I don't need to retime the matte first. My question is raised because 1) I see no effect of using FG with luma matte, and 2) AE's timewarp seems to require the luma matte to be retimed first, rendered and then included as a guide.

I would like to use this opportunity to send you the project, since I am still not clear why luma matte has no effect on retiming. The main problem I am dealing with is that I am getting intermediate frames which seem to be semitransparent. I read possible issues with Twixtor, but don't see mine listed.

Here's the image with the problem:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18776108/twixtor-issue.jpg

Here's is the archive with the AE project and source movies.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18776108/twixtor-issue.zip

Thanks a lot!

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
on May 8, 2013 at 12:00:36 am

OK this is an hard one

You have some sort of blobby noise pattern that cuts your characters...

You can try:
-Set Warping to Forward
-Set ALT Motion Source to the matte itself (use the greyscale image motion instead)
-Frame Interp to Nearest

Alternatively if there is a way to export Motion Vectors out of 3D render for the white blobs making your matte channel, you could try that in a 16 bpc or float project) with Twixtor pro, Vectors In - setting that as the Vectors input in AND I have no idea if this will be PREV or NEXT in your case.

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
on May 7, 2013 at 12:20:46 am

I am assuming you are not applying any effect in that comp on that matte layer

At this link there is a few sample projects that use mattes
http://help.revisionfx.com/tutorial/49/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]