FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas Pro 11 and Twixtor Pro

COW Forums : RE:Vision Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dale Estes
Vegas Pro 11 and Twixtor Pro
on Apr 1, 2013 at 1:45:17 pm

I'm a bit confused about this and would like a better understanding on the topic. I have some footage that would benefit, I believe, from the ability to separate the foreground and background with masks like in Twixtor Pro. I've downloaded the trial version for Sony Vegas Pro from the web site and see that it has only Twixtor in it. This works fairly well on most of the footage, but there is one spot that has some serious warping as the bg and fg cross a couple of times.

I've seen some posts that talk about using the OFX version of Twixtor Pro in SVP, but have also seen a post that states that there is no Twixtor Pro for SVP. I've also read the Twixtor Pro manual and I didn't really gain any insight from there either. I've watched a couple of tutorials that explain how to use masks in After Effects and I think that this technique would help improve my footage.

Can someone set me straight? Thanks for the time and help.

Return to posts index

Peter Litwinowicz
Re: Vegas Pro 11 and Twixtor Pro
on Apr 1, 2013 at 4:49:31 pm

Twixtor Pro is not supported in SVP. It's really that simple :-).

We could go into the reasonings behind it, but suffice it to say we decided it was just not possible at this time with what Sony Vegas Pro provides us currently.

Cheers,
Pete Litwinowicz
RE:Vision Effects, Inc.

Return to posts index

Dale Estes
Re: Vegas Pro 11 and Twixtor Pro
on Apr 1, 2013 at 5:18:34 pm

Thanks, that's pretty much what i figured. You mention that it's not supported at this time, are there plans for support in the future? Or is this more something that Sony is doing, or not doing, that affects your being able to support Twixtor Pro in SVP? Just wondering.

Thanks again for your help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]