FORUMS: list search recent posts

Add more track points in After Effects? I only have 12! Twixtor pro 5

COW Forums : RE:Vision Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sanna Dullaway
Add more track points in After Effects? I only have 12! Twixtor pro 5
on Sep 18, 2012 at 5:57:41 pm

Hi! I'm doing a transition of a man turning his face sideways and it's very complex, I need way more track points than 12. I found no way to add more, is the option hidden somewhere? I've googled a bit but found no answer, so I hope you can help me! :)

/Sanna

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
Re: Add more track points in After Effects? I only have 12! Twixtor pro 5
on Sep 18, 2012 at 11:06:44 pm

Twixtor for AE supports AE masks (a one point mask is like a point)
You have to animate these as well in Source time

Pierre

Return to posts index

Sanna Dullaway
on Sep 20, 2012 at 1:19:55 pm

Thanks for your answer! I'm completely new to AE, but I've read up on some tutorials (the manual that came with the plugin; "Guiding Motion Vectors Create with After Effects' masks") but still got a few things I don't understand, perhaps it's even written in there black on white but I can't figure it out:

I've applied a mask (to the 3 frame composition) and keyframed it frame by frame in source time, in addition to the 12 Track Points in Twixtor's plugin window.
Now how do I make Twixtor "read" from the mask I've applied and motion track from the mask? Are there any other effects or parametres I have to change?

Thanks again for you help!

/Sanna

Return to posts index

Sanna Dullaway
on Sep 20, 2012 at 3:48:53 pm

To add a bit more info on my problem; reading the manual it says this:

"Note that a particular mask is used to guide the motion estimation for a layer when:
- The mask, in AE's timeline window, lies between the First Mask and Last Mask specified in Motion Vector Create's settings for a layer. If either the First Mask or Last Mask is set to None, then no masks are used to guide the motion estimation for that layer. See the picture below for more clarification."

When I go to Main BG or FG 1 in Twixtor effect controls to choose a mask, there's no mask to pick! It just says "None". Is that where my problem lays?

edit: Wait, I just realised the manual I read (http://data.epixel.hu/Twixtor5AEManual/CreateMVManualSupportFiles/MVCreateUsersManAE.htm) is for Motion Vectors Create and it'ss a different plugin!! Should I use that one? It sounds like I should.. do I apply it to the frame composition layer as an addition to the Solid Twixtor layer I have placed on top? I'm so confused haha!

I want Twixtor pro, in addition to the 12 tracking points, use the mask keyframes I've added. Thanks in advance again!

Return to posts index

Peter Litwinowicz
on Sep 20, 2012 at 4:21:34 pm

I'm guessing you applied the masks to the original clip and not to the layer where Twixtor resides? Twixtor can only get access to masks that are applied to the layer where Twixtor is applied.

I'm assuming if you cut and paste your animated masks to the layer where Twixtor is applied that you will then be able to select the masks in Twixtor Pro's menus.

Pete
RE:Vision Effects, Inc.

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
on Sep 20, 2012 at 5:14:31 pm

You can see an example project here:

http://help.revisionfx.com/tutorial/49/

Return to posts index

Sanna Dullaway
on Sep 20, 2012 at 6:02:48 pm

The project loads fine in the example projects but where are the source files?

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
on Sep 20, 2012 at 6:09:34 pm

In the Readme.htm it says to move the SourceMovies folder to the application folder (as this works in different apps).

"

Twixtor Examples.

NOTE: You need Twixtor 4.5 or over for these examples.

Each directory here contains several projects to help explain features of Twixtor.

Important: These tutorials assume you have read the manual that was put on your disk with the plugin upon installation.

Before opening the project examples, make sure to move the movies from the SourceMovies folder into the folder where the example projects are.

Within each host application directory is a Twixtor readme file that explains the projects. For After Effects and combustion there is a Readme file and projects which help explain the Motion Vector:Create plugin that comes with Twixtor Pro.

"

Return to posts index

Sanna Dullaway
on Sep 20, 2012 at 6:52:09 pm

I can't find the "SourceMovies" folder, where might it be located?

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
on Sep 20, 2012 at 6:58:25 pm

folder.jpg

Return to posts index

Sanna Dullaway
on Sep 20, 2012 at 7:04:46 pm

Oh wow I feel dumb! Thank you!

I'll study those files and see if I can figure everything out from here on! Otherwise I'll post again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]