FORUMS: list search recent posts

Increase Frame Rate using Twixtor in Vegas Pro 10

COW Forums : RE:Vision Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Kalita
Increase Frame Rate using Twixtor in Vegas Pro 10
on Apr 15, 2012 at 9:47:43 pm

Can someone supply the steps to increasing the frame rate for a video clip while keeping the same speed. For example if I want increase a 1 minute long clip from 30fps to 60fps but keep it 1 minute at the same speed.

I've been looking for-ever to find the steps or a tutorial on this and haven't found one...at least for Twixtor in Vegas Pro 10.

Please help!!!!

FYI my experience level is I can slow a clip down using Twixtor and anything beyond that will be new to me, so details are a huge help:)

Thanks!

Adam

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
Re: Increase Frame Rate using Twixtor in Vegas Pro 10
on Apr 16, 2012 at 3:22:37 am

Perhaps this tutorial will shed some light
Basically you have to combine Vegas Rate and Twixtor Speed

http://library.creativecow.net/freitag_lori/Twixtor-in-Vegas-Frame-Rates/1

Pierre

Return to posts index

Adam Kalita
on Apr 16, 2012 at 7:31:26 pm

Thank you for your response, but I've watched that video over and over and cannot figure out how to adapt it to a video where you keep the speed of the video the same.

There has to be a tutorial out there somewhere of how to increase frame rate (FPS) using Twixtor without changing the speed or duration of the clip.

Please help!!!

Thanks

Return to posts index

Adam Kalita
on Apr 19, 2012 at 12:21:49 am

Any help with this would be awesome!

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
on Apr 20, 2012 at 3:32:42 pm

Adam,

Sorry for delay I was at NAB

What is the output FPS you want to render at? I read you say 59.94 FPS (well you said 60)
What is the input FPS your project is set to if you look at Project Properties Frame Rate? 59.94?
What is the clip you imported property frame rate? I read you say 29.97 FPS (well you said 30)
Do you have fields in source media or are you trying to export with fields? (I assume no)

Additional Note: Twixtor speed is not the same thing as FPS

Here's what tutorials say:

So if you have 90 frames at 30P (3 seconds) and the project property (what you want to render at) is 60P and no fields, so you want 180 frames so the effective duration remains the same. Now once you drop the clip on the timeline you first see each frame repeated twice. You select clip in timeline and right click select property and type for Playback Rate (2.0 because it's what is 59.94/29.97). Now you see all the frames except you still only have 90 frames and you need 180. So you apply Twixtor, and you set speed to 50% and you grab the clip end-point handle at the end to make the duration twice as long so the clip is still 3 seconds.

Pierre

Return to posts index

Adam Kalita
on Apr 20, 2012 at 5:22:27 pm

Pierre,

Thank you very much, I'll give that a try this weekend.

I'm using GoPro 1 footage at 1920 x 1080P with 30fps (really 29.97fps) and want to double the frame rate using Vegas Pro 10 & Twixtor to smooth out some panning choppiness due to the slower frame rate but don't need to slow it down.

A video tutorial would probably help a lot of people with this;)

Thanks again!

Adam

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]