FORUMS: list search recent posts

Twixtor Slowmotion is not really working even with a Matte

COW Forums : RE:Vision Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Samson Schneiderman
Twixtor Slowmotion is not really working even with a Matte
on Feb 27, 2012 at 8:30:55 am

Hey,

i have a little Problem with Twixtor. I filmed a shot with a not moving camera. The background is not plain, but also it is not so much going on there. It´s a shot of a guy getting kicked by another guy and is falling.
I already made a PreComp with a Matte but the result is not even close to what i imagined.
Here is a example picture with the matte, my composition and the Twixtor settings:

I know that maybe turn the speed down to 5% is to much, but the problem also appears whenn i turn it down to 20-30% and that is still to fast.
If anyone has an idea what i´m doing wrong or should do better, your welcome :)

Thank you

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
Re: Twixtor Slowmotion is not really working even with a Matte
on Feb 27, 2012 at 4:13:40 pm

Samson,

Your matte is not very clean
I don't see a matte for the left arm of the left guy (and since you set motion sensitivity to 50%, that's what will happen)

I can provide more directives if you send like 5 consecutive frames, it's not quite clear how the right guy legs interact with the left guy right arm from a single frame.

Pierre
techsupport at revisionfx dot com

If it's more then 15 megs you can hit support button at the top of our website and the contact form will send you ftp instructions

Return to posts index

Lori Freitag
on Feb 27, 2012 at 6:03:30 pm

Also, if you have, as you say "a not moving background" so the background is still. You can easily clean up one frame and use it to garbage matte back over the top and get rid of any excess warping that may not get fixed after Pierre helps you with the initial setup.

Return to posts index

Samson Schneiderman
on Feb 29, 2012 at 6:43:54 am

Hey,

here are 10 frames after the arms crossing the leg, because i think i will start the slowmotion after that part. But as you can see, the head and the arms of the left guy are looking extremly weird.

I cleaned up the matte a little bit. But there is not much i can do more except rotoscoping (this will be my last resort)

Hope the picture is helping you.

Return to posts index

Peter Litwinowicz
on Feb 29, 2012 at 9:29:17 pm

From what I see you will need multiple layers of mattes. because the arm of the guy on the left crosses in front of his other arm.. you need another matte to separate the closer arm from the arm in the back. Just a matte for the whole character is not going to work great.

We dont have a tutorial for this, but you should download our sample projects here: http://help.revisionfx.com/tutorial/49/ and make sure to read the short ReadMe, and make sure to look at projects 7, 11 and 12 (among others). These are sample projects and not tutorials per se, but should give you an idea of what might be necessary to make this look good.

Pete Litwinowicz
RE:Vision Effects, Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]