FORUMS: list search recent posts

Getting choppy results with Twixtor Slo-Mo?? (Vegas Pro version)

COW Forums : RE:Vision Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Kalita
Getting choppy results with Twixtor Slo-Mo?? (Vegas Pro version)
on Nov 4, 2011 at 1:24:32 am

In Sony Vegas Pro 10 I added a 1080 30p clip and was experimenting with slowing it down to half or even slower using the Twixtor add-in but my results came out really choppy! Part of the footage includes a slow (real-time) pan from left to right of just a person and park grounds in the distance (nothing complex) and after it rendered the panning was very choppy ...what am I doing wrong? Or is this the best Twixtor can do in this circumstance? I keep seeing videos online of people who have slowed their video down to like 5% real-time and it's as smooth as can be...how do they do that?

Here's what I did: (Sony Vegas Pro 10 /Twixtor )
1. Matched the project's settings to those of the file type (ie 1080 30p, Mp4)
2. Dropped the clip
3. Went into the clip's properties and made sure "Disable resample" WAS CHECKED
4. Added Twixtor as an event on the clip and changed its % speed to 70 but left the rest of the settings at default.
5. Held the control key and stretched the clip out to its furthest extent in the time line.
6. Rendered as Internet 1080 30p
7. Let it render for about an hour
8. Played back the rendered MP4 and there's still choppiness during the pan?? UGH!

Thanks for any help!

Return to posts index

Peter Litwinowicz
Re: Getting choppy results with Twixtor Slo-Mo?? (Vegas Pro version)
on Nov 4, 2011 at 4:24:21 pm

Twixtor is not a perfect method (we'd be much richer if i were :-)).

When you say "choppy" do you mean that you get repeated frames in the Twixtored output causing the footage to start and stop, or are you seeing ghosting which means that Twixtor can't track very well.

Did you read the parts in the manual that talk about Shooting for Twixtor and Problematic Footage? if your pan is more than 5% or 10% of the image between frames, Twixtor will have trouble tracking the pan (because much of the image is appearing on one side and disappearing on the other side).

If you didn't put the manual somewhere else than the default place, you can find it in C:Program FilesCommon FilesOFXPlugins and then in a Twixtor subdirectory.

Can you post the original and Twixtored movie somewhere?
Pete

Return to posts index

Adam Kalita
on Nov 4, 2011 at 4:41:00 pm

Thanks for your help!!!!...here's a link to the footage on Vimeo (below).

Sorry, I'm still learning how to use this forum. I tried to add the footage here but don't understand how to use the html mark-up code when you click the button for "L" link:( On other forums you just paste the link into a window and it converts it for you.

Paste Twixtor panning link into browser:

below is my attempt to add a link to video:(

Return to posts index

Adam Kalita
on Nov 4, 2011 at 4:48:03 pm

now I see my vimeo link worked after all...disregard the not knowing how to paste a link to footage comments above;)

FYI this is my test footage to help me decide whether to purchase $$ the full license or not;)

Thank you very much for any help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to posts index

Peter Litwinowicz
on Nov 4, 2011 at 6:50:13 pm

Okay you are having a problem with your setup. The start and stop is indicative of a problem with frame rates, or the original footage is interlaced and not progressive.

Please send us the source footage... not the Twixtored footage (you could make it available on Vimeo and let me be able to download it) and your Vegas project. You can send the project to us at techsupport (at) revisionfx (dot) com

Pete
RE:Vision Effects, Inc.

Return to posts index

Adam Kalita
on Nov 4, 2011 at 6:55:44 pm

Thanks so much! Will send from home tonight.

Return to posts index

Adam Kalita
on Nov 7, 2011 at 3:24:10 am

Finally success!!!! Please disregard previous posts!

Here's two examples...one where I did it the wrong way and one where Twixtor knocked it out of the park:)

Twixtor knocked it out of the park!

I did this one the wrong way:(

Return to posts index

Phil Pierce
on Jul 5, 2012 at 10:06:25 pm

Hey Adam,

I'm having the exact same issue, can you please tell me what you did to fix it? Thanks!

-PP

Return to posts index

Kyle Halim
on Feb 1, 2013 at 2:15:13 am

I'm having the same problem .

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]