FORUMS: list search recent posts

Twixtor Seems To Start Render Forward In Time

COW Forums : RE:Vision Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Patrick
Twixtor Seems To Start Render Forward In Time
on Sep 23, 2011 at 9:47:49 pm

Please note, that I've posted the question below to Re:Vision Effects tech. support as well. I'm sure I will get an answer. But in case I don't hear back from them this late on Friday, I figured I'd post here as well. When I do get an answer back from them, I will post that here as well.

In the mean time, here's my issue.

Brand new to using Twixtor. I'm just trying to understand how it works. The problem I'm encountering is that Twixtor seems to move forward in time from the In Point I set in order to start the render. I have a test project with a single clip. I open the clip up in the Source Monitor and set in and out points. I drage the video portion of the clip to a new sequence. (sequence settings are same as the clip) I apply the Twixtor effect and change only the speed paramenter to 50%. I render the Work Area. The result is that Twixtor seems to have moved forward in time to start the render. Forward in time from the In Point, but not to the begining of the clip.

Here's what I recently sent to Twixtor, waiting a response.

-------------

15;53;58;29 This is the timecode of the beginning of the clip.
15;54;04;09 This is the timecode that Twixtor started the render.
15;54;09;51 This is the timecode that I set the In Point at.

In Frames:
0 This is the timecode of the beginning of the clip.
168 This is the timecode that Twixtor started the render.
339 This is the timecode that I set the In Point at.

I dragged the clip from the Source Monitor to the sequence, putting it at the start of the sequence.
No other clips are on the sequence.
The sequence starts at frame 0.

Twixtor is not starting at the timecode for the In Point.
Twixtor is not starting at the timecode for the beginning of the clip.
Twixtor is starting at frame 168, halfway in between the start of the clip and the In Point.

Why does Twixtor start at frame 168?

I tested it again by setting a new In Point at 100 frames.
Dropped it into a new sequence. Slowed to 25%

Now the render appears to be starting at frame 25.

It appears that Twixtor backs up in time on the clip relative the amount I am slowing it down.

Set the In Point at 100.
75% It starts the render at frame 75
50% It starts the render at frame 50
25% It starts the render at frame 25.

How am I supposed to use Twixtor when it does this?
Am I supposed to find the spot on a clip that I want the render to start at.
Then, set the In Point forward in time, relative to the % I'm slowing it down?
If I want it to start the render at frame 100 and I'm slowing it down 50%, then I set the In Point to 200?

If that's the case, why does it work if you set the In Point to frame 0?
I set the In Point at Frame 0, dragged the clip onto a new sequence and slowed it down 50%.
Since there is no more clip prior to frame zero, this render worked. In other words, it started at the In Point. Basically because it had no choice.

This can't be the way Twixtor works, can it?

Or am I really missing something here?

Return to posts index

Christopher Hana
Re: Twixtor Seems To Start Render Forward In Time
on Sep 30, 2011 at 5:03:52 pm

I have this issue as well. So far I don't know how to get rid of it but you can workaround it.

First off check this tutorial from 3:24 to 6:10.

So after setting the keyframes to initiate twixtor to the full on slow mo, you have to click the output of the twixtor panel to "twixtored output". Next you have to go forward in your timeline to place when you would like to ramp of the slow-mo speed.

so really all you have to do is manually render a few frames and place your keyframes as normal. But remember that you will have to experiment with the placement of the keyframes in order to get them just right.
Hopefully there is a solution for this.

This is where I put some sort of witty sig, right?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]