FORUMS: list search recent posts

Twixtor keyframe issue in Premiere pro CS5.5

COW Forums : RE:Vision Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrey Turanov
Twixtor keyframe issue in Premiere pro CS5.5
on Sep 15, 2011 at 9:33:08 am

I'm using Twixtor 5 + Premiere Pro CS5.5, when I want to key-frame the Speed values to make a speed ramp I have an annoying problem.

I just can't get them to stay in the right place, when I set the second keyframe in the place I want the source video jumps to another frame. The speed adjustment is correct, but I can't get it to work in the right spot.

Very annoying - video keeps jumping back and forth as I try to set keyframes, but they're all end up in the wrong places.

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
Re: Twixtor keyframe issue in Premiere pro CS5.5
on Sep 15, 2011 at 3:26:49 pm

Yes, there is an issue with CS5.5 (OK in CS5.0)
And I did file a bug at Adobe for it.

Essentially what I noticed is if I make a keyframe at frame 0, Premiere does not remember it, looks like this:

* type 100 at frame 0 for Speed param in Twixtor
* go to frame 60, type 60
* come back to first keyframe pressing < (previous KF) and value at frame 0 is now 60...

workaround: seems to work if I set KF at frame 1 instead, seems to be an issue with frame 0

Pierre

Return to posts index

David Lavender
on Nov 15, 2011 at 4:46:47 am

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one experiencing this issue. Really, really frustrating, especially since Twixtor worked like a champ in Pr CS5.0.

Unfortunately, your workaround doesn't seem to be working for me. I normally drop a clip into the timeline, add Twixtor, keyframe the first frame of the clip to 100% to anchor the in-point of the clip, and then change to the desired speed in the second frame. Probably not the best solution, but it worked for me in CS5.

I could be misunderstanding what you're doing. Could you elaborate?

Return to posts index

ted ruiz
on Nov 23, 2011 at 11:55:12 pm

LionLeaf, LLC is a Southington CT web design company
---------------
[url=http://www.lionleaf.com/]CT Web Design[/url]

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
on Nov 24, 2011 at 8:20:13 pm

I reported this annoying bug to Adobe.
Hopefully it will be fixed in CS6 or whatever it's called
I am on vacation and don't have CS5.5 on me to try different ways, maybe create the KF, select the keyframe and delete it and make type value again...

The internal inpoint in CS5.5 is always at frame 0 even if you change Premiere in-point. To offset the start point frame (what becomes the first frame in Twixtor), you offset it in a subclip.

Pierre

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]