FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems with Twixtor, making a clip longer

COW Forums : RE:Vision Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Collins
Problems with Twixtor, making a clip longer
on Sep 10, 2011 at 7:54:39 am

Hi there,
This is my first time using Twixtor, and I have followed the Tutorial step by step, but I am having a problem after rendering my slowed down clips.

I am using FCP7 and Twixtor 4.5

I have a clip I need to slow down to 10%.
I created a new sequence, copied in the clip 10 times, created another sequence and then I drug in the intermediary sequence to the new timeline.

Here I opened the intermediary sequence in the viewer, applied the setting changes I wanted, (4 speed % key frames) and hit render.

What is get is not a clip slowed to 10%, but instead a very slow clip that bounces back and forth, 'ping ponging' (for lack of a better term). It still progresses forward, but not smoothly at all.

I hope my description is understandable, and that someone can tell me what I am doing wrong!

Thanks,

Tim

Return to posts index

Peter Litwinowicz
Re: Problems with Twixtor, making a clip longer
on Sep 12, 2011 at 5:49:44 pm

I presume you are using the FxPlug version within FCP and not the AE-compatible version. Otherwise my directions would be different.

I presume that you might be hitting the problem described here: http://www.revisionfx.com/support/faqs/hostfaqs/fcp_fields/

Also, Not sure where you are getting Twixtor 4.5 as a first time user... if you are trying out a demo you should be using Twixtor 5.

Pete

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]