FORUMS: list search recent posts

RSMB - Reel Smart Motion Blur - Causes command line render to hang.

COW Forums : RE:Vision Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Billy Sides
RSMB - Reel Smart Motion Blur - Causes command line render to hang.
on Aug 16, 2011 at 9:42:29 pm

I've been trying like crazy to get After Effects CS5 to render via command line. After much testing I've been able to pin point the problem of the command line hanging to RSMB.

When I create a job via command line it launches aerender.exe then that launches the AfterFX.com process. Both of these processes get stuck open until the commandline window is closed, instead of returning to the c prompt like it should.

The command line renders my comp, and reports that the render has finished, it even outputs a file, but then it just hangs. We use Smedge for network rendering, and at first I though something was wrong with Smedge, because it just kept re-rendering the same comp over and over again. So, I eliminated Smedge and just did commandline renders. Doesn't re-render, but it does hang. That's why Smedge was re-rendering it. The AE project kept timing out in Smedge so it just kept re-rendering it. Then I thought it was an AE issue, but after going through and removing individual plug-ins I've determined that something from RSMB is causing the issue. Any thoughts on what that might be? Is there any way this can be fixed?

Thanks for your help,

-bsides

Return to posts index

Peter Litwinowicz
Re: RSMB - Reel Smart Motion Blur - Causes command line render to hang.
on Aug 16, 2011 at 10:16:01 pm

Are you sure it's hanging and not just waiting for a long time.

For example, if you just run aerender and let it sit for 5 minutes, does it eventually exit?

Can you contact me offline at techsupport (at) revisionfx (dot) com? Please send what version of AE you are using, your version of RSMB, what OS you are using and the registration information we sent you when you purchased your RSMB licenses.

Pete
RE:Vision Effects, Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]