FORUMS: list search recent posts

No Image....twixor 4.5-fcp 6.0.5

COW Forums : RE:Vision Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vinnie Urgo
No Image....twixor 4.5-fcp 6.0.5
on Jul 31, 2011 at 5:18:45 am

Finally figured out that I needed an older version to appear in my FCP effects. Now that that works I did the workaround and started working on a clip. There is no image as soon as I apply the plug in. Just a RE:vision Logo with red wireframe box.....it also does not let me render the clip either.

I just have the trial version 4.5 using fcp 6.0.5

Looking forward to using this!

Vinnie Urgo
Photo and Video Professional
vincenturgo@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
Re: No Image....twixor 4.5-fcp 6.0.5
on Jul 31, 2011 at 6:22:56 pm

Vinnie,

You need the FxPlug version not the AE compatible one for FCP.
http://revisionfx.com/products/twixtor/downloads/#fcp

Pierre
RE:Vision Effects

Return to posts index

Vinnie Urgo
on Aug 1, 2011 at 4:18:17 am

Thanks Pierre,

I did download fx plug 4.5 and 5.

5 still did not show up in my effects tab. 4.5 did and allows me to edit the clip and render. But sadly still no image.... black screen with red wireframe.

Vinnie Urgo
vincenturgo@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Peter Litwinowicz
on Aug 1, 2011 at 6:09:27 pm

When Twixtor shows up in FCP, does it show up as Twixtor 4.5, or does it show up as Twixtor 4.5 FxPlug?

That said, can also answer this question: Is the name of the installer for version you tried for version 5 named Twixtor5.04Installer or TwixtorFxPlug5.1.2Installer?

Pete

Return to posts index

Vinnie Urgo
on Aug 2, 2011 at 6:43:11 pm

Figured it out. It was the FXPlug 4.5.

Had some difficulties with exporting and a few hurdles to overcome experimenting with different setting meanwhile rendering.... But overall a super fun toy. Probably will buy it. Although I'm not sure if I would accept it for any paying jobs. Maybe if I improve with it. Seems like some footage works well some dosent.

Wondering if there is any other effects to lay on top that would help things out?

Very cool overall though!

Vinnie Urgo
vincenturgo@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
on Aug 2, 2011 at 6:56:14 pm

For this sort of motion, the closer you are to the camera, the more shooting more FPS will help.

Note that for this sort of technology things like the truck rims can be very ambiguous say as it's a very symmetric object and it can confuse the tracking.

One thing that helps is to ramp speed for the transitions so it does not jump.

Pierre

Return to posts index

Vinnie Urgo
on Aug 2, 2011 at 9:06:52 pm

Shot all of that at 720p_60fps on a 550d_1/4000 at f2.0 50mm

Figured the faster the motion and less contrast in the image the more difficult it is for the plugin.

I tried spinning a quarter and it was not a good outcome as well as a water drop.

This might be a 550D question but shooting 60 fps dosent need to be transferred in anyway that would help the slow mo? Does cutting the speed by 50% using the speed feature (and disabling frame blend) in FCP help? Or is there a better way?

Thanks for you insight!

Vinnie Urgo
vincenturgo@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
on Aug 2, 2011 at 9:33:30 pm

If you edit 60P in a 24/25/30 FPS timeline, on import FCP conforms by dropping frames so even if you shot 60P Twixtor might not have access to all the frames. Check this tutorial if you have not reset FPS with Cinema Tools (there is no Intepret Footage like in AE in FCP7/7) http://library.creativecow.net/freitag_lori/twixtor-fcp-frc/1

You might get better results like that.

Return to posts index

Vinnie Urgo
on Aug 2, 2011 at 10:16:27 pm

I was worried about that. On my hvx200 the overcranked footage would always play at the actual slowed down speed. On my 550d I always get audio and a slightly different look when recording 60fps. Thought it was cause of the codec or just how the camera worked.

I did view the tutorial and it explained all about 24-25-30fps timelines and clips. How do I fit in with 60fps? CInema tools has no 60fps options.....Certainly it would improve the results if I am not already using all 60 frames...

Vinnie Urgo
vincenturgo@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Peter Litwinowicz
on Aug 2, 2011 at 10:30:10 pm

So Cinema Tools will conform your 60 (59.95) fps footage to 30 (29.97) fps... and Cinema tools doesn't show you what the rate was BEFORE conforming, it just asks you what you want to convert it to. So 60pfs doesn't actually show up anywhere in the workflow, except that it's encoded in your QT movie before you process it with Cinema Tools.

So after you conform from 59.94 to 29.97 (or your final editing fps), you should be able to see after conforming to 29.97 that FCP will see the footage as 29.97 and will play it twice as slow (because Cinema Tools has told it to play every frame of the 59.94 original at a 29.97 frame rate)

Pete

Return to posts index

Vinnie Urgo
on Aug 2, 2011 at 10:59:39 pm

AHH Yes! Now I see. Running a test right now. Thanks a TON!

Vinnie Urgo
vincenturgo@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Vinnie Urgo
on Aug 3, 2011 at 6:05:14 pm

Certaintly the way to properly use the footage at 60p. However When I twixtor it there is about a 12 frame pause in the motion of the image about every 10 frames. Tried a few different settings but same result...

Vinnie Urgo
vincenturgo@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
on Aug 3, 2011 at 6:24:37 pm

That's a sign of your clip FPS in being less then FCP project out (29.97 versus 30 will do a frame repeat once in a while but early in a sequence)... maybe send a project with a short clip that demo the problem to techsupport @ revisionfx dot com so we see in context

Pierre

Return to posts index

Peter Litwinowicz
on Aug 3, 2011 at 6:38:51 pm

Also wondering, has FCP imported the footage as interlaced when in fact it is progressive?

make sure to view the item properties for the clip (in both the bin and timeline) and see if FCP has incorrectly marked the footage "Field DOminance" property.

Pete

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]