FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re:Flex Morph on null background

COW Forums : RE:Vision Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kate Shearer
Re:Flex Morph on null background
on Jul 28, 2011 at 3:26:39 am

Hi there,

I am using the Re:vision Effects Re:Flex Morph to create short seamless video loops. I'm working with footage of an actor who has been filmed on a green screen then keyed using ultra key in premiere pro. I start the loop with a still frame, morph to the short video clip, then morph back to the still frame. This works perfectly and achieves a smooth morph, provided I use a colour solid as a background layer.

However, as soon as I turn off the solid background, the footage 'grows' by a few pixels around it's edge at the first morphed frame, and remains like this for the morphing phase. After the final morphed frame the footage shrinks back down to normal size for the rest of the loop. As the grow/shrink occurs over a single frame, there is an obvious jolt at these frames when played back.

I need to deliver the video loops on a null background, so any help with how to get around this problem would be much appreciated.

I am using Re:Flex 4.04 and After Effects CS5

Cheers,
Kate

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
Re: Re:Flex Morph on null background
on Jul 28, 2011 at 3:47:26 am

It's hard to say from description without seeing visually (we are at techsupport at revisionfx.com). The removing of the solid should not affect the layer with RE:Flex.

Could be:
1) Do you have Smart Blend checked?
2) Do you have by mistake the viewer set to RGB Straight?
3) Could it be the Interpret Footage for Alpha Handling is Straight and should be Premult or the inverse?
4) What happens if you toggle your project between 16 bit and 32 bit float?

Pierre

Return to posts index

Kate Shearer
Re: Re:Flex Morph on null background
on Jul 28, 2011 at 4:34:00 am

Thanks for the quick feedback.

I checked each of these four steps:

1) Yes - Smart Blend and Auto Allign are both checked
2) Viewer is set to RGB
3) I tried the different interpret footage settings - these affected the look of the key and changed the way the problem showed up (it became a flickering coloured ring around the edge of the footage), but didn't solve the 'grow' problem.
4) Toggling between 16 and 32bit made no difference

I can't post an example of the footage here, but i will send it to you at tech support.

Kate

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]