FORUMS: list search recent posts

Plugin problem between Win and OSX - RSMB3 Nuke

COW Forums : RE:Vision Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Wieder
Plugin problem between Win and OSX - RSMB3 Nuke
on Jul 22, 2011 at 1:27:05 am

I am creating projects in Nuke with RSMB 3 on OSX. The files are then sent to the renderfarm which is Win 7. The renderfarm complains of a license error. When I open the file on Render10, there is a red X on the frame. Obviously it can't find the license server(floating). Although, I can create an RSMB node on that machine and it is fine. So in essence, I can replace the RSMB node on that machine. Not practical on a renderfarm. The nodes are both RSMB3. So I don't think it is a version thing. Even more strange, if I replace the RSMB node on a renderfarm machine with a new RSMB node, it can be opened on the OSX machine without a problem.

In short... Renderfarm machines can not read RSMB nodes created on OSX, but OSX can read RSMB nodes created on the renderfarm. The nodes are RSMB3, so I assume the version is 3.

Any ideas?

Greg

Return to posts index

Peter Litwinowicz
Re: Plugin problem between Win and OSX - RSMB3 Nuke
on Jul 22, 2011 at 2:40:23 am

Um, when you say "can't read" do you mean "can't render the file without our demo X""?

WOnder if perhaps when you run Nuke in GUI mode that you have different settings for our license server environment variable for the interactive version of NUKE and render-only running of Nuke?

Are you running 64-bit Nuke on the render-farm in GUI mode and 32-bit Nuke when running as render-only machine? If so, then I suspect I know what is wrong.

ALso, you say you can "replace the node on the render machine" and then it starts working. Is there a chance that in your testing that you had all the licenses checked out at one point when you sent files to the render machine and later when you went to it to run in GUI mode on render 10 that there was one checked back in to use that wasn't available before?

email us at techsupport (at) revisionfx (dot) com.
pete
RE:Vision Effects, Inc.

Return to posts index

Greg Wieder
on Jul 22, 2011 at 2:53:53 am

It happens both Gui and render.

I open the file that has been created on OSX on the render machine, in Gui mode. The viewer has a red X. I can create another RSMB node right next to the original. The new node doesn't have an X, but the original does. If I save and then open on OSX, they both work. Both are RSMB3.

Return to posts index

Peter Litwinowicz
on Jul 22, 2011 at 3:48:28 am

Can we take this offline. Please email me at techupport (at) revisionfx (dot) com.

can you mail me a Nuke script that works that you create on the render-only machine and one that is created on your OS X machine?

pete

Return to posts index

Greg Wieder
on Jul 26, 2011 at 2:51:40 am

It seems there were a few faulty Nuke scripts that were the problem. The red X would pop when viewing from some nodes in the stream and not others. There were 2 glow nodes at the end of the stream before the write node. One of the glows would produce the red X and the other wouldn't. Even more strange, the write node wouldn't produce the X but the glow before it would.

I am still getting to the bottom of it, but all signs point to a buggy Nuke script. No need to log it to tech supprot.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]