Will Twixtor directly be usable Next week when
The new FCP x Will be coming out ?

Thanks,

Paul

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
Re: Final cut pro x
on Jun 18, 2011 at 10:45:32 pm

If you are asking if there will be 3rd party support in FCPX, well I wish I could at least tell you we are under NDA or something. Apple sure has become the most frustrating company to do business with here, that's the only clear thing at this point. It is nonetheless our intent to support it as fast as we can IF we are provided with the means to do it, and of course all continues to work in FCP 6-7 and will still do in 2 weeks.

Perhaps you should be aware that Apple unlike all other software vendors does not disclose any such information to third-parties. No such information includes no advanced copies, no SDK, no notes about what their plans are... For example/reference a company like Adobe had a 1 year ahead beta cycle for CS5 and it was just going 64b, not rewriting everything.

All I can suggest is you are safer to lower your expectations until proven otherwise and to assume FCPX 1.0 to basically be sort of beta software for the next year maybe and to be a closed architecture with no 3rd party audio effects, no 3rd party video effects, no tested 3rd parties special codecs / capture, no project interchange basis including to and from 7, no FxScripts or equivalent, no more AE plugins support (that one not a surprise),...

Also because Apple engineers don't communicate back to 3rd parties if a bug will be fixed or not (the marketing dept has sort of won the war over time there), be prepared that the cycle of making something working via dot releases is sometimes much longer then with other companies. That is, based on past experience and internal management trends at this point I am expecting it will take a while for the architecture to be open to 3rd parties in any useful manner and some decent ecosystem to reform around it.

Another thing that is clear, is that Apple will sure need to change marketing messages as below for the next year or so at least:
"Richard Townhill [Marketing Director of Video Applications] suggests that one of the reasons Final Cut Pro has become successful is its open architecture. “We have a thriving network of over 100 different developers that are building tools and applications, which allow Final Cut to get plugged in to various environments and work seamlessly in those environments.”"

I can only imagine they are aware of this, and because of how long it took them to rewrite FCP to the point that something is shippable that they decided to initially focus on iMovie "PRO" path (pro as in prosumers), FCE user base and the 30-40% of FCP users who will never touch another app or 3rd party software (including from their own suite) because their workflows/needs are straight forward enough. Let's call that the low hanging 50% potential user base...

Will see this coming week,

Pierre Jasmin
RE:Vision Effects

Return to posts index

Paul Raats
on Jun 18, 2011 at 10:56:17 pm

Thanks for your reply. I just got the new Sony hxr-nx70, what video
Editing software Would you advice, suggesting
I buy as well the Twixtor Pro, I am on Mac.
Will do lots of slomotion video's in pro sports.
Thanks, Paul

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
on Jun 18, 2011 at 11:08:27 pm

FCP 7 :)

You can try other ones like Premiere and see how it works for you, I think Adobe has a 30 days free trial and CS5.5 on Mac is certainly more robust then their initial Mac release and is available stand-alone.

Pierre

Return to posts index

franck persuy
on Jun 22, 2011 at 7:04:13 am

Hello,
I presume there is no more NDA after FCP X release...
I 've just discovered Twixtor 2 weeks ago and I haven't bought license for FCE plugin yet. Will you release a plugin for FCPX in some weeks? Will you propose an upgrade price from FCE to FCPX?
I'm not sure that buying a plugin for a dead product (FCE) is a good idea...
Regards,
FP

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
on Jun 22, 2011 at 6:56:36 pm

NDA? It's not because 2 companies were granted pre-release access that other companies know anything. We have no ideas yet what will be possible. It's our intention to shortly get to see if it will work.

Return to posts index

Paul Curry
on Jan 11, 2012 at 3:12:47 pm

I was just reading through your post. Some good info there. Im just about to purchase the Sony HXR-NX70 and wondered if it imports directly into imovie or do I have to use conversion software before I can edit it. I dont want to use FCE or any other software to edit, just imovie but Im not sure if I can import the media that the NX70 produces straight into imovie. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
on Jan 11, 2012 at 6:13:43 pm

Paul you should ask this on another forum. We know nothing about iMovie here...

Pierre

Return to posts index

Stewart Bourke
on Jul 1, 2011 at 9:53:24 pm

Wow Pierre,

Given what has happened in the past week with FCPX your post from June 18 is a little scary in its accuracy...

You should be picking lottery numbers...

Return to posts index

Sven Neuhaus
on Nov 14, 2011 at 10:42:55 am

Is there an announcement newsletter or RSS feed I can subscribe to to be notified about the release of Twixtor for FCPX?

Return to posts index

Peter Litwinowicz
on Nov 14, 2011 at 8:04:46 pm

Yes, follow us on Facebook. When we release something for FCP X we will post it there.
http://www.facebook.com/REVisionFX
pete

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]