FORUMS: list search recent posts

Twixtor AE Workflow Question

COW Forums : RE:Vision Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Schmidt
Twixtor AE Workflow Question
on Apr 28, 2011 at 3:56:15 pm

I have some material shot in 50fps that I want to apply some time remapping to and then export as 25fps. I deliberately shot the material in 50fps to have these extra frames to work with when creating slow motion with Twixtor.

When I import the 50fps footage into AE (interpreted at 50fps) and put it into a 25fps composition and then apply Twixtor, does Twixtor realize that it has 50fps to work with? Or can it only access 25fps because the footage (and Twixtor) rest in a 25fps composition?

Would it be better to have AE interpret the 50fps footage as 25fps (thereby slowing it down) and then place it into a 25fps comp and speed it up again to get it (or parts of it) back to 100%?

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
Re: Twixtor AE Workflow Question
on Apr 28, 2011 at 6:02:32 pm

You can do that - interpret footage to 25 FPS, drop that into a 25 FPS comp... And in Twixtor you then put 25 FPS for input frame rate.

However you don't need to do that in AE, you can also Make New Comp from that footage (then 50 FPS, and at same time make that comp as long in Comp Duration as will be needed), then drop that comp in a 25 FPS comp, and in Twixtor set input fps to 50.

Also check this:
http://library.creativecow.net/freitag_lori/twixtor-frame-rate-conversion/1
or
http://help.revisionfx.com/album/18/#/tutorial-36

Return to posts index

Daniel Schmidt
on Apr 29, 2011 at 8:48:57 pm

Thank you very much for your answer. The only thing I don't understand is, why I need to create two comps and drop on into the other. Is that required for the frame thing to work properly or is that just so that the duration can be adjusted (instead of activating Time Remap)?

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
on Apr 29, 2011 at 10:06:26 pm

It's one way in the end to make the layer duration longer.

Another one would be to set a solid layer of the right spatial dimension and apply twixtor there and set the color and track source to be the proper layer (and turn that layer visibility off).

Return to posts index

Daniel Schmidt
on Apr 30, 2011 at 1:22:24 pm

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]