FORUMS: list search recent posts

RS Motion Blur Range

COW Forums : RE:Vision Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jordan Montreuil
RS Motion Blur Range
on Apr 23, 2011 at 12:42:00 am

Hi, I am using the Reel Smart Motion Blur Plugin in AE to add some blur to some footage I rotoed. The project is designed with a stop motion feel where the footage isn't in full motion but a series a still frames, each lasting 2 or 3 frames.

I added the plugin but it isn't blurring all of the frames because it looks forward and back and sees similar frames ie. no movement and doesn't blur them. Is there a way to increase how far forward and back the plugin looks so I can get more fluid blurring on my still frames?

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
Re: RS Motion Blur Range
on Apr 23, 2011 at 1:01:16 am

You would need to apply the motion blur before the repeated frames. If you cadence is not regular (e.g.: 2,3,3,3,2,2,1,...) that's an hard one. If there is regular pattern (for 3-5 seconds it's on two) and you can split these as separate layers there could potentially be a way around like having the on-two in a separe comp and on-three in a different comp and playing with some sort of nested time remapping so time is compressed, motion blur applied and then reexpanded in main comp timeline...

Pierre
RE:Vision Effects

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]