FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ideal shooting specs for Twixtor on AVID MC 4...

COW Forums : RE:Vision Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Torres
Ideal shooting specs for Twixtor on AVID MC 4...
on Feb 1, 2011 at 7:50:16 pm

I was just wondering if anybody knew the ideal specs would be for getting the best results with the twixtor slo mo effect. We are shooting tomorrow and want to be certain. I'm thinking 1080i on a sony z1 should be ok
Any help would be great, thanks!
Rob

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
Re: Ideal shooting specs for Twixtor on AVID MC 4...
on Feb 1, 2011 at 9:00:00 pm

If your option is 1080i (60 samples per second) versus 24P, then more per second is better if you have fast action. This probably allows you to reduce motion blur (play with shutter) as well.

However Twixtor in Avid implies a bit of fooling around if your source media is not at the frame rate of your final render.

Example going to a 24P project:

1-open a 60i (30 FPS interlaced) project in Avid. import the native 60i footage into this project.
2-apply the Twixtor plugin. Set the speed reduction to 24/30=.8 and render. mixdown or transcode the video to a new sequence.
3-close the 60i project and open a new 24p project. within this 24p project, open the bin from the 60i project described in step 2
4-drag the mixed down sequence from step 2 into the timeline. avid will ask you if you want to reset the framerate to the project framerate(which is 23.976). Answer yes
5-the Sequence on the timeline is now 23.976fps which can be exported to a master

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]