FORUMS: list search recent posts

frame tearing / interlace problems

COW Forums : RE:Vision Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
marc mcdermott
frame tearing / interlace problems
on Nov 22, 2010 at 4:40:49 pm

If anyone here can point me in the right direction I'd be most grateful.

We are fast heading towards picture lock on a documentary feature, and have run into a number of issues to do with frame tearing in some of the interlaced footage. The original footage was shot on many formats and brought into a 24P project in Avid. After reading everything on Creative Cow about FieldsKit http://library.creativecow.net/articles/solorio_marco/twixtor_review.php I suggested this may be the way to deal with the issues. But when I'm trying to deinterlace the footage it mostly seems to get worse, or looks like the frames are blending, although some of the tearing seems to be better. I feel I'm just not managing the workflow right, as the examples in the review showed significant improvements to the footage, and this has not been my experience yet. We are dealing with the tearing in Final Cut Pro, as there's no Fields Kit for Avid, and then passing it on for the Avid. We bought Twixtor for the Avids too.

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
Re: frame tearing / interlace problems
on Nov 22, 2010 at 6:28:57 pm

Maybe you have a 3:2 pulldown issue?
Feel free to ship a 10 frames sequence our way (techsupport at revisionfx dot com )
For larger sequences you can use the support button which returns ftp drop zone information.

Pierre
RE:Vision Effects

Return to posts index

marc mcdermott
Re: frame tearing / interlace problems
on Nov 22, 2010 at 7:15:44 pm

I'll send something through now, thanks
Marc

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]