FORUMS: list search recent posts

New User, Best general workflow with footage let twixtor do its thing and do it well

COW Forums : RE:Vision Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sahand Nayebaziz
New User, Best general workflow with footage let twixtor do its thing and do it well
on Aug 21, 2010 at 1:08:19 am

hey,

this is what i've picked up from around the internet, please correct me where I'm wrong.

If I'm doing basic slow motion, turning clips down to like 10% or 25%, I want to make sure I'm shooting on my DSLR at the fastest shutter speed I can get nice footage with (like 1/1000 a sec, etc). I assume it'd be better for me to shoot at 60fps then like 24fps, when I'm planning on slowing it down, correct?

So then, should I import the 60fps footage, conform it to 24fps with cinema tools, THEN apply twixtor in FCP?

Or should i just import the 60fps footage into FCP and twixtor it down right there?

thanks for taking the time to read my question guys

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
Re: New User, Best general workflow with footage let twixtor do its thing and do it well
on Aug 21, 2010 at 3:18:36 am

Pretty much.

You should conform the 60P to 24fps with cinema tools, THEN apply twixtor in FCP -- if you intend to work at 24P in FCP. If you intend to edit at 29.97 conform to 29.97. Keep in mind that Cinema tools only supports 5 FPS modes (23.978,24,25,29.97,30). All that conform thing does is change the value FCP will interpret the movie at. Without that step FCP will skip some frames.

So if you have 60FPS and conform in CT to 24, then you will see a clip that is 2.5 times longer to start, apply Twixtor and trim.

Pierre

You saw this: http://library.creativecow.net/articles/freitag_lori/twixtor-fcp-frc.php

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]