FORUMS: list search recent posts

Twixtor jitters

COW Forums : RE:Vision Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Callero
Twixtor jitters
on Jun 11, 2010 at 1:36:30 am

Has anyone had this problem: when applying Twixtor 4.5 to Canon 7D 1080, 30p footage, the result always produces duplicate frames within the clip. If you step frame by frame, you can see the duplicates. If using the default settings and set it at 50percent, you can see a patern of repeating every frame once. The more you reduce the speed, the more duplicate frame you see. The end result is a very jittery clip. You could go frame by frame and cut out the duplicates and then you can see the look Twixtor is known for. Any help would be appreciated. The clips were encoded at Apple ProRes 422 (LT).

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
Re: Twixtor jitters
on Jun 11, 2010 at 2:48:28 am

Normally this is a sign that there is a discrepancy between frame rate of camera (30 FPS) and frame rate of project/comp/sequence...

Need more info: what app are you running this in?
What are you doing?

Pierre

Return to posts index

Eric Callero
on Jun 11, 2010 at 3:24:13 am

Interesting, I am using FCP7 and I am slowing down some clips for a wedding video. The odd thing is I inserted some AVCHD footage shot on a smaller, cheaper camera in the same time line and it turned out great.

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
on Jun 11, 2010 at 3:48:40 am

You might need to use Cinema Tools to change the FPS FCP interprets the footage to. There is a tutorial about that here:

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/freitag_lori/twixtor-fcp-frc.php

Pierre

Return to posts index

Eric Callero
on Jun 11, 2010 at 7:06:06 am

Thanks for the help, I figured out the problem. For some reason you cannot apply Twixtor directly onto 7D clips. What I did to get it to work is I created a sequence and pasted two copies of the clip I wanted, so I could reduce it by 50%. Then I nested that sequence into an interim sequence and apply Twixtor to that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]