FORUMS: list search recent posts

Twixtor on AE Precomp with collapse transformations?

COW Forums : RE:Vision Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Mullen
Twixtor on AE Precomp with collapse transformations?
on Mar 3, 2010 at 9:19:13 pm

Using CS4 and Twixtor 4.5 - I have a comp made of multiple layers of video stitched together. When I precomp, I need to collapse transformations, to maintain crispness in the image, but I can't seem to use Twixtor for slowing the precomp down when CT is turned on. I get a solid red frame. I've tried with both precomps and solids, and solids both the original size of the first comp, and the size of the current precomp.

Is there any way to run Twixtor on a collapse-transformation enabled precomp in AE? I've read the documentation as far as I can and don't see mention of this-

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
Re: Twixtor on AE Precomp with collapse transformations?
on Mar 3, 2010 at 9:47:53 pm

That's what Twixtor does right now when you point to a layer that has collapse transform - Twixtor clears a red frame to tell you the two frames it's reading are not the same size. One way around is to make another precomp (precomp the layer that needs CR/CT on, leave in the precomp CR but not in the comp where twixtor is applied - clear?)

Sorry for the inconvenience, we are looking at ways to be more elegant with such case for a next version.

Pierre

Return to posts index

Jeremy Mullen
Re: Twixtor on AE Precomp with collapse transformations?
on Mar 3, 2010 at 10:17:27 pm

Aah. I've got a puzzle, then. Because I am trying to bring a scal attribute across from a larger comp to a smaller one, and without collapse transformations enabled, the precomp will not show anything outside the edge of the original comp's frame... At least I know what's going on. I've just got some precomp precomping to precomp. With a bit of scale-scale reposition scaling. A small price for a great tool- Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]