FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blue screen handling with RE:Flex Motion Morph

COW Forums : RE:Vision Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ellzworth Ramclam
Blue screen handling with RE:Flex Motion Morph
on Jan 12, 2010 at 9:08:16 pm

I am currently using RE:Flex Motion Morph to morph and blend two movie sequences together in After Effects 7. So far, the process is pretty simple once you get the hang of it (and follow all of Peter Litwinowicz's posts on here.)
The problem I'm having is being able to morph these two clips where both subjects in each clip are in front of blue screens. I'm using keylight to key out the blue screen. For some reason, RE:Flex acknowledges the keying from keylight but makes a black background and I can see the background during the morphing process. I guess my question should be:
How should I set-up my project if I would like to morph two sequences/clips together that on blue screens?

Thanks in advance everyone.

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
Re: Blue screen handling with RE:Flex Motion Morph
on Jan 12, 2010 at 9:32:21 pm

The second clip (not the main one from the layer itself) should be in another comp and the keying should be done in that precomp. Is that your issue (that AE does not apply effects when you get a layer from an effect).

Pierre
RE:Vision Effects

Return to posts index

Peter Litwinowicz
on Jan 12, 2010 at 10:12:39 pm

You'll see that if you put another layer below the one with the morph that the morph is not on top of black... the black areas are, in fact, transparent areas that you can see through...and if you don't put another layer below the morph, then AE defaults to putting black there.

We can't keep the blue, because as parts of the original keyed images are overlayed on top of each other then you'd see blue. So what we do is morph the two transparent images (or layers), and leave those areas completely transparent.

So since you keyed out the blue, RE:FLex knows that and then keeps the transparent areas transparent.

pete
RE:Vision Effects, Inc.

Return to posts index

Ellzworth Ramclam
on Jan 12, 2010 at 10:26:56 pm

Pete, excellent. I didn't think about that. I'll give it a shot and report back.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]