FORUMS: list search recent posts

Reel Smart Motion Blur problem - bad blur

COW Forums : RE:Vision Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kate Perrys
Reel Smart Motion Blur problem - bad blur
on Dec 19, 2009 at 4:32:20 pm

Hello,

I have a serious problem creating motion blur based on motion vectors rendered in 3ds max. I have simplified my scene to just a plane and a moving ball with standard max materials.

When put a RSMB Vectors filter (is it the one to use?) on a sequence and point it to a velocity sequence (tried all of them, including tiff 16-bit, 8-bit, even jpg), the motion blur shows up, but it doesn't go out of the ball. It somehow stays inside it with jagged aliased edges. It's direction and everything seems OK, it just is clipped by the ball.

Any suggestions?

AE CS4
3ds Max 2009
RSMB v3.2.6
Win Vista

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
Re: Reel Smart Motion Blur problem - bad blur
on Dec 19, 2009 at 7:12:14 pm

From your description it looks like you don't have an alpha channel in the motion vectors. The purpose of this alpha channel is to tell the Motion Blur tool where there are valid motion vectors.

http://revisionfx.com/support/faqs/motion_vector_FAQs/motion_vector_alpha/

For Max users, here is a step by step:

http://revisionfx.com/support/faqs/motion_vector_FAQs/motion_vectors/#3d%20...

Pierre

Return to posts index

Kate Perrys
on Dec 19, 2009 at 7:58:42 pm

Well, but whole scene is filled with objects. The plane in the backgroud fills it so there's no any gap. I tried to render in max the image itself with alpha and also the velocity map with alpha, no difference.

When I set a movement to this plane, strange thing occurs - inside the ball there is the proper ball MB, and outside there's the lost blur of the ball, but it goes in a wrong direction. Not in the direction of the ball movement, but in the direction of plane movement (plane = object in the backround).

See this: http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/764/aball.jpg

A ball is moving horizontally and it has a good MB inside. The bakcground is moving diagonally and itself has a good MB, but the outside of a ball MB is in this direction too, which is wrong.

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
on Dec 19, 2009 at 8:39:25 pm

Another possible issue is if the plane is in the back of the sphere.
You sometimes need layers. For example if you have an animated product on a not-moving table, you need an alpha channel for the MV of just the animated product by itself to achive the proper effect.

Pierre

Return to posts index

Kate Perrys
on Dec 19, 2009 at 10:18:51 pm

But I can't achive a proper look of a ball alone neither.

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
on Dec 20, 2009 at 1:17:59 am

Just send me 3 successive frames of the color source and vector images to techsupport at revisionfx dot com and I will look at it

Pierre

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]