FORUMS: list search recent posts

RSMB has very pixelated artifacts when rendering with H.264

COW Forums : RE:Vision Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Dao
RSMB has very pixelated artifacts when rendering with H.264
on May 7, 2009 at 10:54:41 pm

When I rendered my video I was dissapointed to see that with my render with the motion blur it was very pixelated. When I paused it at a fast moving object or just when the camera moved I could see the blur being all pixelated. Anyone else experiance this? Also how would one fix it?

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
Re: RSMB has very pixelated artifacts when rendering with H.264
on May 7, 2009 at 11:23:08 pm

I have some footage with massive RSMB that looks fine with h264 render (via the default Mac Quicktime PRO export h264 best quality). Could it be your codec settings that are too low bitrate or something else?

Pierre

Return to posts index

Andrew Dao
on May 8, 2009 at 2:47:56 am

I don't know, is 5000 bitrate too low for a 1680x1050 render? I'm new to this stuff.

Return to posts index

Andrew Dao
on May 8, 2009 at 3:28:56 am

What bitrate should I use for 1680x1050 with 1 minute video?

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
on May 8, 2009 at 4:44:43 am

I am not too much of an expert on this myself.
You might want to ask what they think to the folks at Compressionist forum
http://forums.creativecow.net/compressiontechniques

specifying the software you use for the encoding and the purpose of the end movie (why you want an H264 at that res for, eg for website display...) - and that your source movie has a lot of motion blur.

Typically I am under the impression that for mpeg, noise (by extention everything that has noise like properties like waterfall) is worst then motion blur for an encoder.

If you look at the levels chart here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.264
You will see that bitrate affects the number of blocks used to encode images. For the resolution you discuss, I think I read from the chart that at least level 4 is recommanded (over 20 Mbit/s -- 4 times more then what you said). The strange thing I noticed is sometimes using higher bit rate produces smaller file size. We here have only been successful for our purposes using QuickTime PRO on the MAC with Best Quality without touching anything. On Windows someone recommanded Tmpeg Encoder Xpress 4 but I have not tried it yet.

Pierre

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]