FORUMS: list search recent posts

RSMB - cannot get out of demo mode. Registration issue?

COW Forums : RE:Vision Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Dorsey
RSMB - cannot get out of demo mode. Registration issue?
on Jan 14, 2009 at 4:02:15 pm

Hello

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but...

I need to use our license for RSMB on AE CS4 OS X. I am able to install it using our registration info, but it never gets out of demo mode. What's up with that?

Thanks,

---------S

Return to posts index

Steve Dorsey
It's also happening in CS3.
on Jan 14, 2009 at 4:08:30 pm

I tried the footage in CS3, no luck there either.

the Adobe website shows support for RAMB in CS4.

http://www.adobe.com/products/plugins/aftereffects/

Return to posts index

Steve Dorsey
Anyone there?
on Jan 14, 2009 at 6:26:18 pm

Return to posts index

Vuk Nikolic
Re: Anyone there?
on Jul 17, 2009 at 4:57:31 pm

I am sorry I don't have an answer but I would like to know if you found a solution because I have a same problem.
txans

Return to posts index

Peter Litwinowicz
Re: Anyone there?
on Jul 17, 2009 at 5:11:48 pm

I'm presuming that perhaps you have RSMB regular and are trying to use the Pro or Vectors plugin? If so, you need to upgrade to the Pro version of RSMB.

You can write to us at techsupport (at) revisionfx (dot) com.
Pete

Return to posts index

Peter Litwinowicz
Re: RSMB - cannot get out of demo mode. Registration issue?
on Jan 14, 2009 at 6:58:41 pm

Are you trying to use the Pro or Vectors version of ReelSmart Motion Blur. If so, that's the problem.

What you have there is a registration for ReelSmart Motion Blur, regular, which only unlocks the plugin labeled RSMB 3.x in the Effects menu.

If you need to use the RSMB Pro 3.x or RSMB Vectors 3.x plugins, you can upgrade to the Pro version by purchasing the regular to Pro upgrade.

Pete

Return to posts index

Steve Dorsey
on Jan 14, 2009 at 7:15:00 pm

It was an issue with sing the pro version. I didn;t know that the serial dies not unlock all three versions.

I don't know how hard it is, but if possible, please only give us access to the versions we paid for without confusing the user with options that do not work. This cost me 3 hours of productivity while I was waiting for an answer.

Thanks for the answer, though.

---------S

Return to posts index

Michael Rosen
on Jun 6, 2010 at 9:42:42 pm

I went through the same thing but then bought the "pro" version b/c I need vector blur....but I can't find where to unlock it!!! I installed it again and it asked me for 2 sets of serials.....but there's still that watermark....Any one upgraded? (this is cs5 btw)

Return to posts index

Michael Rosen
on Jun 6, 2010 at 10:44:40 pm

Here's my update.

I must have had a bum code...or something but revision's staff helped me in about 30 minutes ...and it's a sunday....my client is coming and this helped me out big time....never thought it would be like this...they gave me a new code...all is working.....

(oh, yeah ...and the way to upgrade was to just reinstall)

Return to posts index

Viet Tran
on Sep 23, 2010 at 3:32:58 am

I bought the regular version and it wasn't very good. I wrote the company for help and they directed me to the manual, which is installed in the hard drive but did not make it known...wasted a few hours trying to figure it out. All in all this company, its product, the website is absolutely has the most horrible and confusing way of doing things. The manual is written with no regard to "normal" people...I feel like you have to have a math/science degree to understand it.

Try to find tutorials...the same situation. I mean, you would think that they could make a simple video of how to import 3d footage and apply the effect. Sorry, I am venting. I have yet to get satisfactory results from this product and it seems everyone is hush hush about how to use it successfully. What's the deal?

If there is anyone out there, who has a good video of how to use this thing, please post a link! It would help out tons of folks who are under tight deadlines.

Finally, how the heck do you UNINSTALL the software? After installing it, I can't seem to find how to get it off the computer.

Return to posts index

Peter Litwinowicz
on Sep 23, 2010 at 3:42:39 am

When you ran the installer, the installer opened the directory where the files were installed (that is, the directory was shown to you in Explorer, on Windows, and in the Finder, on Mac. Sorry if that wasn't clear, but I don't know how to make it more obvious.

To uninstall the demo, remove the files located in
Windows 32-bit: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\\MediaCore
Windows 64-bit:
CS5: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CS5\MediaCoreS5
Previous versions: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CS5\MediaCoreS5
Mac: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins//MediaCore

To get motion vectors out of your 3D system, we explain the process here: http://www.revisionfx.com/support/faqs/motion_vector_FAQs/motion_vectors/ We haven't done a video because there are 5 different 3D systems we know how to get vectors out of , and several different applications (Fusion, After Effects, Nuke, etc.) that our plugin runs in.

Pete

Return to posts index

Jim Curtis
RSMB - tutorials and documentation inadequate
on Jun 16, 2011 at 3:56:40 pm

Quote: I wrote the company for help and they directed me to the manual ... the website is absolutely has the most horrible and confusing way of doing things. The manual is written with no regard to "normal" people...I feel like you have to have a math/science degree to understand it.

Try to find tutorials...the same situation. I mean, you would think that they could make a simple video ... What's the deal?

If there is anyone out there, who has a good video of how to use this thing, please post a link! It would help out tons of folks who are under tight deadlines.

End quote.

I have to agree with most of this. I installed the demo of RSMB Pro in AE CS5.5 to see if it could help me with strobing on 24p footage.

The manual is very poorly written. I've read it top to bottom at least five times, and I'm still confused by it. Starting a topic, and then saying you'll finish it later is a poor way to organize the info, IMO.

There's no mention of how to link AE's tracking points to the track points in the plug-in. I assume by pick-whipping an expression, but the word "expression" doesn't exist in their Help document. I suppose you could also copy AE Attach Points and paste to the RSMB Track Point Position, but this isn't stated either.

The AE "tutorial" on the web site is a simple project file with no explanation about why and how to use it.

A simple video tutorial on the features would go a long way to help sell this product. This is something that a lot of plug developers don't get. If their plugs look hard to use, or they're difficult to figure out in a demo, they're going to fail to attract customers.

And because I can't figure this out, I'm going to pass on buying this plug in, and use Directional Blur, manual keyframing and figure out my own vectors.

Jim Curtis
jamesphilipcurtis.com

MacPro (Harpertown-Early 2008) 2x4 3GHz; 32G RAM all the same brand; 10.6.3; QT 7.6.6; FCS3; Kona LHi in PCI slot 3 (8.1.1); Primary display: 30" ACD; Monitoring: Kona LHi SDI to AJA HDP2 converter to HDMI on the HP DreamColor.

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
Re: RSMB - tutorials and documentation inadequate
on Jun 16, 2011 at 10:00:38 pm

We do make a new tutorial every 1.5 weeks about (help.revisionfx.com)and it takes time.
You can either just use RSMB regular and play with amount slider but as per your description it might not be necessarily what you need. The points in RSMB Pro are to help tracking (in AE you are better using the mask shapes for that), you can sort of use it to do directional blurs by checking "Image Tracking" off, however we do have a better way as a tool in SmoothKit, called SmoothKit Directional With Splines that allows you to "draw" motion blur if you like.

Return to posts index

Mel Massadian
on Dec 14, 2011 at 5:08:18 pm

I agree with that,

I'll add that RevisionFX should really get a better looking website, and also get tidier names for the plugs and settings, more obvious ones!

The quality of the plugs in general is really awesome but if you look at sample videos on the website....it fell so 80's so people who don't know about it won't especially be amazed.
I think you should just try and clean a bit everything!

Sorry for my bad english but i wanted to point my finger on that as i'm a big fan of the plugs, i think they could realy gain from redesign

Thanks

Return to posts index

David Cabestany
on Apr 8, 2013 at 2:42:48 am

I'm getting the watermark at random frames only, not all of them, this happens when using RSMB, not the pro version, anyone know how to fix that? seems like a bug.

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
on Apr 8, 2013 at 4:46:10 am

Contact techsupport @ revisionfx dot com with you registration name (as it shows in the About button of the effect)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]