FORUMS: list search recent posts

video gogh

COW Forums : RE:Vision Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Honeyman
video gogh
on Dec 13, 2008 at 8:50:39 am

G'day,

Wanting to know how to make video gogh's brush stokes slow down or reduce the flicker like effect to happen. Gone through every setting but can't get it.

I'm only using HDV, which had been converted to uncompressed avi..

There are some demo's on the RE: Visions website don't show this problem. Though it's probably 2k+ footage.

Using CS3, 8 gig, vista 64, quadro 4500

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
Re: video gogh
on Dec 13, 2008 at 9:12:12 pm

Hi, it should not flicker,

However, remember Video Gogh has to render frames in order (e.g. won't work to distribute it on a render farm), and if you set something at other then first frame, you have to go to first frame and purge the memory (or change the "Regenerate Brush" button state, so AE cache gets cleared as a parameter changed)

If you have more issues, you can always send a project to techsupport@revisionfx.com

Return to posts index

Thomas Honeyman
on Dec 14, 2008 at 12:05:49 pm

Thanks for info Pierre...

What do you exactly mean by "if you set something at other then first frame, you have to go to first frame and purge the memory"

I think I get what you mean but wanted to make sure...I've been avoiding the issue since I posted. If I solve the problem, definitely post the solution.

Flicker was probably the wrong term too...The brush strokes change a brutal rate that it cause a flicker like effect. I've played with the death and birth rates but they don't seem to do anything.

Return to posts index

Thomas Honeyman
on Dec 14, 2008 at 2:12:21 pm

Awesome Pierre...Thank You very much...

Purging image caches did the job. Haven't tested it completely but looking good. I keep trying purge all, with no luck. Silly me...

Strange though cause last time I used video gogh in another project, I didn't have to purge anything and I was getting the desired result.

Once again thanks for the help...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]