FORUMS: list search recent posts

Newbie problem

COW Forums : RE:Vision Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Burgess
Newbie problem
on Nov 3, 2008 at 3:19:28 pm

I have just purchased Twixtor Pro

I am using Latest version of DCP on a powermac.
I want to extend a clip to three times its length.
1. I open a new sequence then add the same clip 3 times.(Seq 1)
2. I create an empty sequence (Seq 2) and place Seq 1 within that.
3. I apply the filter to this extended clip inside Seq 2.
After render, I do not get the clip extended 3 times - I get a blank section at the start and then the clip repeating itself .... what am I doing wrong?

Paul

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
Re: Newbie problem
on Nov 3, 2008 at 5:53:54 pm

Follow the instructions here (that link is also in our doc) for one way to extend the sequence in FCP

http://revisionfx.com/support/faqs/generalfaqs/sequences_longer/#Final%20Cu...

Pierre
RE:Vision Effects

Return to posts index

Paul Burgess
on Nov 3, 2008 at 6:31:23 pm

That is what I did before I posted here and I cannot get it to work.

I ended up making a quicktime movie of the three clips joined together and then just rendering them in the timeline.

So I still need to know where I am going wrong - I laid out my steps in the opening post.

Paul

Return to posts index

Peter Litwinowicz
on Nov 3, 2008 at 7:14:30 pm

It SOUNDS like you may have applied Twixtor to the clip inside Sequence 1 instead of to Sequence 1 inside of Sequence 2.

What can happen in FCP is this... you double-click on the Sequence 1 to set it's filter settings. However, double-clicking on a sequence brings you to that sequence in the timeline. This is unlike double-clicking on a clip in a sequence which brings up the filter settings tab for the clip. So the question is this: how do you view the filter settings of a sequence? Select Sequence 1 inside of Sequence 2's timeline (do not double-click). then select View->Sequence from FCP's menus. This will show you the sequence's filter settings.

If you send us a short clip (before Twixtor has been applied) and your FCP project that tries to extend it by a factor of 3, we can see where you are going wrong. Please make sure to send along which version of FCP you are using. You can send this to techsupport (at) revisionfx (dot) com

Pete

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]