FORUMS: list search recent posts

Twixtor: Can I do this or am I wasting my time?

COW Forums : RE:Vision Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Singer
Twixtor: Can I do this or am I wasting my time?
on Oct 2, 2008 at 7:03:48 pm

Hello all,

I'm trying to make these super-slow shots with twixtor (3 frames slowed down to about 4 seconds...basically just using it for slow morphs of the images.) I have one shot working okay, but another one is giving me a weird problem. I've gone through the help and tutorials and I can't figure this out!

The problem comes when I start using mattes to break out the different parts. No matter what kind of combo of blending/interpolation/alpha/color settings I can think of, I get weird issues like this (the other arm and leg imagery is showing up at inappropriate times):

it's supposed to look more like this:

here are my fg1 and fg2 mattes (at half opacity just for you to see):

...is it something to do with the fact that I'm trying this on source footage with no background (the player already has an alpha)? I'm sorry if this is a total noob thing. Please help me! Pardon the X... as you may have guessed, this may have some bearing on whether we buy this plugin.

thanks so much!!

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
Re: Twixtor: Can I do this or am I wasting my time?
on Oct 2, 2008 at 7:36:21 pm

Adam,

Your result is of course completely incorrect
Can you please send us the project with your 3 frames so we see what is going on (techsuppport@revisionfx.com)

Pierre

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
Re: Twixtor: Can I do this or am I wasting my time?
on Oct 2, 2008 at 8:44:28 pm

Thanks for sending project
I am going to a meeting until about 3
But I notice you tried to apply a time remap inside the same layer you are trying to apply Twixtor - that won't work

This link is in our documentation
http://revisionfx.com/support/faqs/generalfaqs/sequences_longer/

Basically instead set the duration of comp "crossover player1" to 4:00 second which will make the layer in which you apply Twixtor in the other comp the right duration

Will look at it later this afternoon and resend you a new comp

Pierre

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]