FORUMS: list search recent posts

Field Effects vs the 1080i/24p of the HV20

COW Forums : RE:Vision Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tracy Valleau
Field Effects vs the 1080i/24p of the HV20
on Jul 20, 2008 at 7:14:14 am

Subject kinda says it... I've been thru several Compressor techniques (et al) but suddenly this evening remembered I own FE... and wondered if there's any hints on using the Canon HV20's 24p wrapped in 1080i that camera produces with FE.

Tips, pointers, hints or even guffaws are welcomed! :-)

TIA

Return to posts index

Peter Litwinowicz
Re: Field Effects vs the 1080i/24p of the HV20
on Jul 21, 2008 at 4:26:23 pm

Hey there,

FYI, if you wanted to use one of Apple's programs in the Final Cut Studio suite, then you'd want to use Apple's Cinema Tools and not Compressor.

And yes, you can also use FieldsKit Pulldown, in pulldown removal mode. This only works in AE because of the frame rate change (our plugins only can properly do frame rate conversion within AE). Make sure your footage is interpreted as 29.97, but DO NOT set it to remove pulldown within AE's settings, and drop the footage into a 23.976 comp. Then apply FieldsKit pulldown. Set the Field Order in the plugin as appropriate, and set the 3:2 Pulldown setting to "Remove Pulldown (30 to 24)" and set the Pulldown Phase as appropriate (we don't automatically detect phase).

Hope this helps,
Pete Litwinowicz

Return to posts index

Tracy Valleau
Re: Field Effects vs the 1080i/24p of the HV20
on Jul 21, 2008 at 5:34:48 pm

Thanks, Pete.

I've not used Cinema Tools yet (but will certainly look at it!) and had mentioned Compressor because that's what Apple recommends in TechNote 306389.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=306389

(Also, sorry for the "double send" - there was an issue (resolved) with my account here.)

It's nice to know there's nothing particularly unique about the HV20's setup and I appreciate your help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]