FORUMS: list search recent posts

Reel Smart Motion Blur (RSMB)

COW Forums : RE:Vision Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Hardie
Reel Smart Motion Blur (RSMB)
on Mar 28, 2008 at 9:40:18 pm

Using the "non-pro" version, I was curious to know if there is an easy workaround to eliminate the blur that happens between the frames of an edited piece (i.e the blur that will occur from one shot to the next in a pre-edited sequence).

The way I've been handling it is to add keyframes at these edit points and zero the effect of the filter then reapply the filter on the next frame. Alternatively I would have to apply the filter effects to each shot prior to editing?

Are there any solutions to this in the pro version?

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
Re: Reel Smart Motion Blur (RSMB)
on Mar 28, 2008 at 9:52:06 pm

It's what the "Track Frame" menu in "Auto" mode is supposed to deal with for you automatically.

Pierre

Return to posts index

Peter Litwinowicz
on Mar 28, 2008 at 9:53:11 pm

No way around it except as you mention.

The Pro version allows you to switch between tracking to the previous frame or next frame, allowing you to change the setting at cut points. It also has an "Auto" detection feature that attempts to do this automatically for you. So "yes", the pro version has more features to allow you to fix the problem. Please note: the animating of the menu item of "auto" "next" and 'prev" frame in the Pro versions needs an application that allows you to animate menu items, which Final Cut Pro does not provide.

Pete Litwinowicz
http://www.revisionfx.com

Return to posts index

Steve Hardie
on Mar 28, 2008 at 10:23:00 pm

Thanks for the quick responses, which make total sense. I'll evaluate the pro version? to see how accurate the "auto" feature is. In the meantime Copying and pasting the keyframe markers isn't too horrendous.

Return to posts index

Steve Hardie
on Mar 28, 2008 at 10:25:17 pm

Thanks for the quick responses, which make total sense. I'll evaluate the pro version? to see how accurate the "auto" feature is. In the meantime Copying and pasting the keyframe markers isn't too horrendous.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]